Were You Fearful of The Demons?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When certain Witnesses come on this site to argue for the JW religion, aren't they afraid of partaking at the table of demons???

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I can't say I was fearful of them. It will sound wierd but I was always interestes in learning more about 'them'. I was fascinated by the lore from different cultures, in the same way I was fascinated with Darth Vader and Boba Fett. The Dark Side.

I got in trouble with the elders more than once in my early teenage years for drawing supposed demons, monsters and ghouls of different varieties.

• minimus
    minimus

Fascination is very different.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

When I was young I used to pray every night not to see a demon. They had me completely terrified. How messed up is that?

• blondie
    blondie

Hey, there was a demon in our house 24/7, he was my pedophile father. Not much could be worse. I believed that I was doing my best to worship God and that he and the angels were stronger than any demon who had limited power over humans anyway.

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Blondie! I hope to meet up with you and Irrev. Let me know.

• Girl from County Hell
    Girl from County Hell

I truly was afraid of getting attacked by demons. For some reason, I only ever half believed the other stuff I was taught, but demons were a very real fear I had. I still have moments where the idea of it freaks me out. My fella rented The Exorcist, and I was terrified through the whole movie. He needed to remind me that these things aren't real. The rational part of me understands this, but the irrational part of me tends to take over during late-night horror movies.

• loosie
    loosie

I was terrified of them.

When I finally stopped going to meetings. I watched the exorcist... and I wasn't attacked by demons that night, like I was told I would be. I love to watch scary movies now w/o fear of demons.

I believe in spirits. But they don't scare me like demons did.

• bluecanary
  • ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

My Mother would make me terrified of them. While growing up, any time I would get some type of nervous tic, like my arm twitching, albeit slightly, my Mother would scream at me while crying telling me I had Demons. Demons were blamed for everything in our household. I started collecting antiques when I was 12, and most things I was not allowed to bring in the house. I would have to keep them in the garage. Very few things I was allowed to have in the house because she was afraid of Demons being attached to them. Out of all of my Victorian tables, quilts, chairs and other nice things, I was only allowed to have my Victrola, Queen Anne chair from the 1700's, an Empire Chest, and a mirror in my bedroom, besides my bed, and I was allowed those only because my Father put his foot down with my Mother so I could keep them.

Because of this, I was afraid even at night and would have nightmares about Witches, Crosses, Demons, etc.

JW's really know how to F%&* up one's childhood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit