Were You Fearful of The Demons?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don't know of a Witness that wasn't!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR YOU SAID DEMONS! .....................

• undercover
    undercover

To a degree...yes.

I 'believed' that they existed and that they could be dangerous to us as JWs, but I didn't go around seeing demons in every little thing I couldn't explain. I was fearful enough to avoid movies like "The Exorcist" and similar themed movies...or books. I avoided certain music that was thought to be "satanic". But I was skeptical of a lot of the demon stories that I heard. Possessed vacuum cleaners and lights going on and off and books flying across the room, toy smurfs running from Kingdom Halls, etc.. I figured those stories were from overactive imaginations.

It was a silly superstition that I'm embarrassed to have ever fallen for, but when your parents and all other adults around you growing up attest to their existence, you kind of just fall into the same pattern of thinking.

• minimus
    minimus

My JW family talk as if the demons are more awesome than Jehovah God.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yes. Especially at night as I used to have nightmares about them. I realized after many years that it was just me manifesting the bad dreams because of the WTS crap. I don't have the nightmares anymore as I focus on other positive things.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Yes I was fearful of demons. I'm no longer fearful of them.

I would agree with Minimus that in JW eyes Satan and demons are often see as more real than Almighty God. They actively deny miracles and the Power of God yet at the same time believe the demons are capable of doing all this crazy stuff today.

I do believe in demons and have had some experience with that sort of thing. However I have come to learn that the Jesus gives believers authority over unclean spirits and that authority has not been rescinded. These spirits often play upon fears and lie and decieve and are full of bluff - much like a grade-school bully - but they must submit to Jesus' name. It is as simple as that.

We recently visited rural missouri and spent sometime in nature. Sometimes it is difficult to walk through the woods without picking up a few ticks. But once you discover them they are quite simple to extract.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

When i was 12, I flipped through bound volumes while laying in bed late at night. I used to intentionally scare the shit out of myself reading JUST the spirit stories. LOL

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Only once. I saw a geometric sign that said, "Jesus" when you looked at it a certain way. It freaked me out, and I thought it might be demons. I felt stupid afterwards.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s pathetic the way Jehovah`s Witness`s scare the shit out of thier kids with that crap...................................OUTLAW

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I remember watching shows like "That's Incredible" as a kid where they would tell of haunted hotels and whatnot. I knew what it really was! It was demons! And yes, I was scared.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit