Watchtower in Michael Jackson's Will???

by Confucious 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Wallstreet Journal today is reporting about MJ's will.

They are saying that it's his mother, three children and "one or more" charities.

What do you think the odds are that the WT is one of them?

I remember for the Jackson's Victory tour (a very long time ago) - that they donated most of that tour money to a "unnamed" charity.

And I always suspected that the WT were the recepients.

And thoughts?

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I hope they are NOT in the will. Years ago when he disassociated himself, they used to say that listening to his music was like having him in the room conversating. Seems to me that taking his evil money would be wrong for them to do.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Seems to me that taking his evil money would be wrong for them to do.

Like they care??? LOL!

Yiz

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution says this morning that MJ died "intestate", meaning without a will. It says that Katherine Jackson has filed for custody of the children and to be named "administrator" of his estate. An adminstrator is named when there is no will. Otherwise the person in charge of the estate is called "executor".

• Scully
    Scully

By the sounds of things, there really wasn't much left to "will" to anybody.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Here's a list of MJ's known charity work, no Watchtower mentioned.

Also:

HEAL THE WORLD

Michael Jackson set up The Heal The World Foundation in 1992. The foundation focuses on children aiming for there safe and healthy deveopment to be the world's priority. It aims to make the world aware of the rights and needs of all children around the world, also to help improve the world we live in, without violence and free of diseases.

More information can be found at the Heal The World's website at: http://www.healtheworld.com [site no longer in operation]

HEAL THE KIDS

Develpoed by Heal the World Foundation, Heal The Kids was launched in year 2000. Heal The Kids was set up to develop a campaign to help parents and adults around the world to educate them on the importance of reprioritizing their lives in order to bring children into the main focus in order to imbue them with the love and devotion which they so badly need and to stop the cycle of neglect. Give all at risk children more support and consideration from all sectors of society.

More information can be found at the Heal The Kids website at: http://www.healthekids.net [links to Rabbi Shmuley Boteach's site]

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach is the author of the as yet unpublished manuscript, “Inside the Soul of Michael Jackson.”

~Sue
  • steve2
    steve2

He's welcome to leave his debts to the Watchtower. I wonder if that's what's meant when we say someone's indebted to something or someone else.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

The CNBC wesite is reporting that Michael Jackson had a net worth of $236M in March of 2007. So he still had plenty back then. But they did say that only $668,000 of it was in cash. The largest asset that he owne was the Beatles songs which were worth about $590M.

So the kids have plenty of money if it is well-managed and not squandered. They also have income coming in all the time from his continued music sales and the Beatles songs as well as any investments that he had.

• undercover
    undercover

That would be a sure sign of the apocolypse....if the Society inherited the rights to the Beatles catalog...

• JWoods
    JWoods

Actually - he is reportedly well over $300 million deep in debt. Probably whatever the WTS milked out of them (supposing it was the mother that funneled the money to them if it happened) in the past is about it.

There is a video for the concert that they are trying to sell, and the promotion company in england is trying to scam the ticket buyers into taking a "soveignier ticket" instead of a refund for the money they paid.

But I would just guess that precious little of this will find it's way to the Jackson estate...and very likely nothing more to the borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit