My Mother Says Matter of Factly "You're Gonna Die At Armageddon"

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

So many JW's Who thought they would never die.. Died...

Both my grandma's for instance...'

Somthing else, When my mom got pregnant of me( 1974 I was born in 1975).

A lot of JW's back than even elders, asked her why she got pregnant in a time that armageddon is coming. A lot of JW's where gossiping about my mother calling her stupid....

We are now almost 35 years later...

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Maybe you are just not your mother's favorite child.

Too many questions!

• imconfused
    imconfused

My mam has used this line on me too, even tho she doesnt know for sure I dont go anymore. She even said a few weeks back not to have any children as they will die at armageddon to - charming eh?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

She's gonna miss you!!!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

"You're Gonna Die At Armageddon". Hah! Not if you die before it comes. Which is far more likely to happen.

How long have they been trying to scare people with that?

Since inception. Which currently equates to 130+ years.

High Five Mastadon! Right On, Blondie. I find it very arrogant and blasphemous of these people to be speaking on behalf of God and Christ.

I did tell my Mom a couple of times there was no way I wanted to live in a world where women were subjugated so I didn't really care whether I made it through the Big A... and if I died before the Big A I didn't care if I was resurrected. She didn't like that. I told her the decision is out of my hands. We will all be judged. So I just try to be as good a person as I can. I'm not going to beat myself up for something I have no control over.

She even said a few weeks back not to have any children as they will die at armageddon to - charming eh?

Yeah... Rutherford said this back in 1938 and 1940 at a couple of DCs. "In the months before Armageddon...." At least he admitted he was an ass. Check out this quote from the May 22, 1969 Awake!, p.15:

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

When one cries wolf too much, one is no longer believed.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Ever heard this joke?

Man dies and goes to heaven. St. Peter shows him around and tells him its very friendly there - no problem between different denominations here. He points to a group of Catholics, a group of Protestants, Muslims and Hindus as examples. Then the man sees a high wall and asks St. Peter what its for. St.Peter says to him, "Oh don't take any notice of that, behind that wall are Jehovah's Witnessess. They think they're the only ones here".

Maddie

• minimus
    minimus

It's funny. I know my mother loves me and feels genuine and I also know that until she dies, she'll always love her son. So, what can I say? I understand.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You should reply......your gonna die BEFORE Armagedon!......that always freaks them out.

• TERRIC
    TERRIC
    "Just helpin' to fulfill profecy Mom....'Broad and spacious, broad and spacious..'"

lmao at Watson! Mini, she's just trying to freak you out..........that's part of their control tactics.

• the research lady
    the research lady

Hey Min, you know she really doesn't mean that, she is just telling you what she hears from the org. She really loves you or she wouldn't even be talking with you as that is against the Watchtower's rules. That should tell you who comes first, you or the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit