Committee for Class action Lawsuit

by lettib74 13 Replies latest jw friends

• lettib74
    lettib74

Hello All!

Currently I'm in the process of setting up a committee of about 5-10 people for the Class action lawsuit. This committee with be the decision makers for the group as a whole. Once I have this committee established I hope to move forward with our cause.

I am looking for anyone who has vast knowledge of Jehovah's Witnesses, well spoken, someone who can put their emotions aside and think for the good of the group (it's hard to do!!!), I would prefer that this person be inactive, disfellowshipped or disassocited. I am not against an active witness wanting to be a part of this committee but that would need to be voted on by the members of the committee first.

What else should I look for in a committee member? Any thoughts?

thanks!

• lettib74
    lettib74

forgot to add the website:

exjwsunited.com

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Why are you wasting your time again? What is your legal case? What are you suing FOR exactly?

• JeffT
    JeffT

I took a look at the website. I'm sorry, but I don't think you have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anywhere with a lawsuit. The courts are VERY unwilling to invade a belief systems rights under the first amendment. Constitutionally a religion is free to do anything that is not otherwise illegal. Shunning people isn't illegal, in fact it is likely to be considered constitutionally protected, they are within their rights to establish rules of conduct for their members.

Non of this means that I think its right, or that you weren't hurt by it. I just don't think you can sue anybody for it.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I know this lawsuit is a long shot. It may not get off the ground. Many haven't. But...if someone is devoted to it, willing to persist, adjust their tactics when needed, and supported by others with the same mindset, it could work. One person can change the world. Maybe lettib74 will be that person. One thing is certain, everyone who takes up this cause kicks the ball down the field, thus furthering our cause of turning the tide against WT and their inhumane practices.

Isaac

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Haven't people tried this before?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Not again...........

• asilentone
    asilentone

Good Luck! You will need alot of it!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Who actually has tried this before? There are always a lot of "not this again" comments but I've never seen an actual failed case referenced. Can anyone point me in the direction of one?

Good luck, by the way.

• JeffT
    JeffT

No one can point you to a failed case because they don't even get that far, at least in the United States. Religious freedom is a foundation of the Constitution. A lawyer will tell you that you haven't get a basis for a law suit, even ambulance chasers won't take on something that is going to be thrown out as soon as it gets there. If it does get to a court a judge is going to dismiss it on those grounds.

There are better clubs to beat the WTBS with. One of them is the pedophile issue, as that is one of those things that is not protected by religious freedom, and there are well established precedents for the suits.

I'm not a lawyer, but as a business person I've dealt with a lot of legal issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit