How you can help shut down Iranian Government websites

by Elsewhere 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

One of the ways a website can be shut down is a technique call DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service). The way this works is very simple: If you have enought people loading a particual website over and over again the web server gets overwhelmed and cannot function... effectivly shutting down the website.

You can help do this to the Iranian Government websites by loading the following page:

http://www.pagereboot.com/?url=http://www.irib.ir&refresh=1

This will cause the Iranian State Controlled News site to get a page request from your computer ever second... over and over and over. If enough people do this the website will go down.

If you want to REALLY help, load that page in as many browser tabs and brower windows as you can. The more the better.

Once you have a bunch of browser tabs and windows running this... just let it sit there all day long... for days on end.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

good idea.... I just was searching Iran "news"..... I'll give that a try... thanks!

• shamus100
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Very cool shamus.

(Set the refresh=30 part to refresh=1 and the page will refresh faster and be more effective )

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I have absolutely no love for the Iranian government. However, I see no reason to help the murderers at the CIA with their attempted regime change tactics. This US Govt. Psy. Ops. thing is starting to piss me off. If Iranians tried to shut down US Government web sites, it would be called "terrorism." Let's do everyone on the planet a favor and mind our own business for a change. Ignore this blatant media campaign by our corporate overlords and their Zionist friends.

Dave

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol @ Primate... good one.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I see. I should help to shut down a website I haven't even read, and therefore can't make an informed decision on. Sure, why not? I've been a blind follower for most of my life. Why stop now?

W

• asilentone
    asilentone

Good idea, but I have better things to do. By the way, I do not like to look at that website.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Fifteen browsers open... going out for a root beer now.

G'dnight everybody! Godnight Iran!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." - the Dalai Lama

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit