IS THIS TRUE IF YOU HAVE A VIRUS ON COMPUTER?

by badboy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

SWITCHING OFF A COMPUTER AT THE MAINS WILL GET RID OF THE VIRUS

• Simon
    Simon

No, it will just stop it running but will almost certainly re-start when your computer is started up again

• Ruddy
    Ruddy

If you are truly concerned with getting completely and utterly rid of any virus on your computer, go to this very large forum, post up your exact problem, after following the steps on this page first:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malware-Spyware-Cleaning-Guide-t2852.html (Copy & Paste this URL into your browser window or a new tab)

Don't just take anyone's advice, wait for a fully experienced technician to advise you.

Within a few days, they will have your system completely clean again.

It goes without saying to have a decent firewall in place (ZoneAlarm), an antivirus program running (AVG) and perhaps a free spyware remover (SuperAntiSpyware, AdAware or SpyBotSearch&Destroy).

You could also buy the ZoneAlarm ForceField product which will set up a division between your computer and the internet, this 'wall' will receive any malware that is floating about - keeping your system completely clean all the time.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If you are not using a firewall and an antivirus program (like Norton Antivirus or McAfee) I can guarantee you that you have a virus or worm right now .

Turning off the computer will not make any virus or worm go away. You absolutely must have a firewall and antivirus program.

Go to Best Buy or Fry's and buy Norton Antivirus or McAfee... it will be worth every penny.

If your computer is infected right now, I would recommend you boot your computer using the antivirus DVD you buy: Turn your computer off, put the DVD in the drive and turn your computer on. Your computer will ask if you want to boot from the DVD. Respond with a Yes. The DVD will then do a full system scan and remove any virus(s) you might have. Once this is done, boot up your system as you normally would and use the same DVD to install the software you bought.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you have a virus, just turning the power off will do nothing. True, the virus will not be able to do any damage while the computer is off. If it were true that killing the power will delete a virus, it would also delete the operating system and any other programs stored in the hard drive.

• JeffT
    JeffT

McAfee and Norton are both available online for about $40, which will provide updates for a year. Operating a computer without antivirus is not smart.

• badboy
    badboy

I AM NOT IF I REMEMBER READING THAT RIGHT

• badboy
    badboy

I have just rembered,it was actuall if you turned the computer o at he mains,your ip adress changes

• leavingwt
  • badboy
    badboy

SO DO I,ALSO MALWAREBYTES

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit