the remnant

by larc 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Nice to see you around Frenchy.

What would be the point then of listing the number of partakers if they acknowledge its inaccuracy?

Path

• TR
    TR

Wouldn't it be to the WTS's advantage to keep up the anointed numbers? The more the anointed, the longer they can put off armageddon, the more time they have to screw with eschatology, the longer they can sponge off of the r&f.

TR

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Path
    It’s nice to be back. I’ve been on a job out of town. You pose a good question. Counting those that partake is, of course, the only way they can get a figure, accurate or not. It helps to keep the classes in front of everyone’s eyes, i.e. the ‘anointed’ and the ‘other sheep’. This business of the two classes is fundamental to JWism. It is the basis on which their authority rests.

TR makes a good point also. There will ALWAYS be some that partake regardless of how long ‘the system’ lasts so there will always be a basis for having a ‘governing body’ serving as a ‘mouthpiece’ for the collective Faithful and Discreet Slave Class.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Carmel
    Carmel

I recall there was a lot of accusations about the Catholics priests going home after church and polishing off the jug of wine that was not consumed at communion.. Trouble is this is exactly what was going on in our cong, except it was a weekly occurance, not just after the memorial. what a bunch of hippy crits!

On the lighter side, being a teetotaler, I love that sparkling applecider! Sorry, Waiting, I never drink anything stronger than pop. Course he'd drink most anything!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL YOU OUT THERE!

carmel eatin pita bread for xmas dinner

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

perhaps the number 144,000 keeps people in expectation of just that number...maybe the reason so many partake in secret or in public is because of the falsity of that limited calling to heaven...GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED!!!
    i remember an old old sister in my childhood who only came to the memorial and had to be set in a chaise lounge.. she partook....but i'll bet she didn't go out banging on doors much!
    so the jw teaching of only a limited number to heaven really is a false teaching judging by the numbers of partakers.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit