Do you think JWs will send a sympathy card to Michael Jackson's mother?

by asilentone 17 Replies latest jw friends

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

Nope!! No sympathy unless Rebie, the only active jw, dies.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Perhaps since Michael was an ex-JW, we should be sending the cards?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

At least some will do.

• truthlover
    truthlover

I am reading an overview of Islam who believe in an antichrist, believe that Jesus will come and the earth cleansed, correct me if I am wrong but thats what I got from Wikipedia. Their eschatology relates to one of their six articles of faith... they teach the bodily resurrection of the dead --with a judgement period, the fulfillment of the diviine plan of creation, immortality of the human soul, the righteous are rewarded plus they describe Armageddon in their apocalyptic literature.

There are other things that dont quite tie in with the Biblical view, but..... they and we are all descended from Abraham,(Isaac)--- its just that Ishmael, who was blessed by God went off to start his own populations.....

They also say that Allah is another name for Yahweh,Jehovah, etc... they worship only the One God....

They do however, believe Jesus was a prophet, not the son of God but he will return to earth and end all wars, ushering in an era of peace.. does this all sound familiar.. also, Jesus will kill the antichrist..

Now that I am reading this, it sounds familiar, mucho familiar with what the JW's are saying the Bible is all about

Not withstanding, it would not be wrong to send a mother a card of encouragement during this trialsome time --I have never heard she caused him any grief but was a great mother to him... in fact, the whole family will be going thru a sad time.. that would be just a good thing to do, unless you feel MJ was guilty of something.....

God is the reader of hearts, who can say about his resurrection (MJ)???

Just a thought

TL

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Truthlover, you're right...it would not be wrong to send his mom a card. However, I think you forget the mentality of the JWs. Even though the card would be for her, it would be for a baptized son that left Jehovah...the ULTIMATE betrayal.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Shopaholic:

Yes it would but then the Gb are not inspired as per Brother Brown, so Jehovah would be the judge of that - we have a sister in another cong who is dying with cancer and her son is DF'd and when she does die, I will not hesitate to give him my condolences, as he was and is her rock...and always there to help her... its only human to do it!

... guess I am a liberal, its just that everyone has a lot of pressure and issues today, more than ever before and all deserve a Hi - no spiritual discussion tho..

Tl

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Truthlover,

The JWs needed a few more liberal folks like you when one of my relatives died.

A relative was disfellowshipped after decades of faithful service. About a year later she submitted a letter of reinstatement and was denied. She never stopped attending meetings. Again she submitted a letter of reinstatement and was denied. She died several months later.

Several of her children were active witnesses. They could not find a JW to give the funeral talk (not even the JW elders/MS in our family). Someone from the funeral home gave the service and kept it "religion neutral". According to her JW children the only encouragement they received from JWs were along the lines of "Maybe your mother will be resurrected since she was working towards reinstatement". No cards or flowers. No one from their or their mom's congregations attended the wake or funeral (as far as they knew). The only seen JWs were relatives (and not all of them attended). However, non-JW family\friends attended in full force from all over the country.

Her pioneering daughter contacted her mom's congregation to alert them about her mom's death and that she would contact them later with the arrangements for an announcement. They informed her an announcement would not be made since her mom was not in good standing with the congregation at the time of her death.

In regards to MJ...the JWs on the west coast tend to be more liberal anyway, so I'm sure she'll get some cards...but in the JW world Michael doesn't exist.

• truthlover
    truthlover

So sorry to hear of her plight -- she was trying and in Jehovahs eyes, we cant judge -the old saying - the spirits willing but the flesh is weak applies to us all..... how many times did the elders meet with her and tell her what she had to do to return... I know some here do that - its gives a person clarity on what is needed.... she must have felt very distraught... the family must have been very sad...

TL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit