Has being a JW effected your ability to make or keep friends?

by PEC 22 Replies latest jw friends

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

I feel that i learned alot of positive traits (or at least engendered them, or nurtured them, practiced even) that have helped me immensly in my friendships. I dropped the judgment, and reaped the friendships. Then again, i wasnt raised in it. But i feel my witness experience certainly enhanced my ability to have and keep friends. You just have to take the good things from what you've been through, and drop the bad.

I hate bars, but, i think that has to do more with the fact that you can hardly hold a conversation in most of em, i dont like paying 10 times as much for beer than normal, and random drunk idiots bother me.

that being said, i have enough friends to have a nice bbq even after the witnesses :)

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Count me in. I have friends at work,but we don't do anything away from work.

I had plenty before I was baptized as a teen. I was active socially, played sports and was part of things in school. All that changed after I was baptized.

• dinah
    dinah

I've never had that problem. My father not being a Witness spared me the brunt of the religion. Most of the friends I have right now have been friends for 10-20 years.

With my Dad not being in the Org, I got to see life from two perspectives. My Dad always valued his friendships and taught me to do the same. We have "family" who aren't even related to us. (House full of them last night. We had a blast).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit