Guilt trip

by vikesgirl101 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trueblue
    trueblue

Jesus said Do not pay any attention to the Pharisees they say but do not raise a finger to push the load. They don't like me saying anything about them do they? What comes around goes around. I have a new name for Kingdom Hall and that is the Gossip Hall

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"I'll only go on a guilt trip if you buy the gas."

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

If you have trouble letting go of that kind of guilt, or find yourself adversely affected by it--or worse, believing it, see a therapist or read a book such as Escaping Toxic Guilt.

Whatever you do, stop accepting a chair on the guilt trip bus!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

That is what they use, quite effectively, on my wife. When she misses a meeting, reschedules a study and even for not having me come along....I heard the sister just telling her how awful it would be to not be guaranteed resurrection and the ability to see her family in the new system of things.....puke......

• avishai
    avishai

I got caugt w/ a playboy @ 14. So my parents blamed everything bad that had happened in the house, to the family, etc. on me. Because the Playboy was in the house, God's spirit wasn't.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

^ Didn't realize the spirit of Heffner could so easily overcome the presence of so many New World Translations!

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

I was never a JW. My mother used to tell me when I misbehaved that "God was going to kill" me so that I wouldn't be a stumbling block to others.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

My mom will twice a year cut off cmmunication with me by calling and telling me that she has to protect herself. She says that if she loves me, then it will hurt so much to see Jah kill me and my kids in front of her at Armageddon. It usually lasts for about 2 weeks, then I get a card in the mail asking for forgiveness. I always give it when asked for it.

The last time I told her not to worry, that her loving god would erase her 'natural affection' for her offspring and grandchildren before he slaughtered us and allowed the birds to eat our rotting corpses in her front yard. My dad told me not to be so gruesome next time, but chuckled as he said it. He has never been the shunning type, which is probably why he has never been an elder.

Ange

• BloominMarvellous
    BloominMarvellous

We've all had some kind of guilt trip. I'm still kind of in one.

My ex-study conductor told me that if I didn't serve Jehovah I wouldn't ever see my family again in the resserrection. Comforting when you have clinical depression!!!!

• flipper
    flipper

VIKES GIRL- Glad to hear you are feeling better and are doing well. One thing to remember is our former associates in the Jehovah's Witnesses are kept as witnesses through the " fear " and " guilt " that is imposed on them from the WT society. They have unreasonable fears and unreasonable guilt within them . So feel good about yourself that you are breaking free from that ! Keep the good work up ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit