Regional Identities in the UK - A short guide for Americans

by besty 56 Replies latest jw friends

• llbh
    llbh

I love Scrumpy, a dry flat cider.

I live in Hertfordshire. known as one of the Home Counties. We are heavily influenced by London. Many people, from my home town work in London.

David

• besty
    besty

great photo midwich :-)

reminds me of the Roman Bar in Camelon, Falkirk - where small men and big men were the same height ....due to the sloping floor running parallel to the bar :-) the big lads stood at one end and in descending height order to the small men...fantastic....

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    great photo midwich :-)
    reminds me of the Roman Bar in Camelon, Falkirk - where small men and big men were the same height ....due to the sloping floor running parallel to the bar :-) the big lads stood at one end and in descending height order to the small men...fantastic....

I MUST come visit sometime. The litigiousness over on this shore is destroying all uniqueness.

BTS

• besty
    besty

yep - equal rights for midgets and big bastards alike....all over a friendly pint of slop and home late to a black eye from the Mrs....

• shamus100
    shamus100

Besty,

Do you wear those irish dresses??

• besty
    besty

for the right sum of cash I would do <have done> most things

you can prolly pay someone locally though....

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thanks Midwich..........only 10 minutes walk from my house.

When you walk in The Crooked House you feel drunk before you've had a drink. There's a wall in that pub where if you place a ball on the railings it appears to go up.

I often walk my dog down to there, but it's more for tourists than locals.

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit