why are some ex jws not at all interested in this site despite not believing anymore

by looloo 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• wobble
    wobble

Some may be like my wifes brother, he is well aware of all the wrong doctrines etc, but feels that 'postate sites are the home of people with a lot of hate. He faded about four years ago,along with his wife and children (eventually,they went for social reasons for a while)

He is allowed to say what he likes against the WT,he just dosn't like it when others do it, weird.

I know he is mistaken, about us being acid-spitting haters,,most on here feel pity and compassion for individual Witnesses, some have a great deal of angst as a result of how they have been treated,and rightly so, but I think hate is too strong a word even for what most of us feel for the GB.

I will convert him eventually, at the moment he is at the Return Visit stage.

We can always do with new ones on here though,as many posters do move on, we need new ones to keep the place buzzing.

Love

Wobble

• m.seagull
    m.seagull

i'm over the jw thing, it's been too long ago to remember. however, i still like the ex jw community for the most part.

i had no interest in bibical/doctrinal things even when i was being made to go to the hall. i never believed in anything and can remember doubting god's existance from as far back as i can remember. the only thing that stuck with me is the bitterness of for 5 years being deprived of a normal social life from age 10 to 15.

for others who believed then came to their senses, well, there probably is a lot to get over and a lot to vent. but not everyone has the same dub experience.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And too many of that group end up getting reinstated.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I envy those who no longer struggle with their JW past. It is too pervasive in who I am to let it go completely, yet. Family in, family out... Friends in, friends out. I like to watch here for the next shoe to fall. I want to see it crumble even if I'm not actively fighting the fight. W.Once

• PEC
    PEC

Some people have a life. And then there is us.

Philip

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Just because someone appears not to be interested in their JW past, it doesn't mean they've moved past it or that their perpective is healthier than someone who is a regular here.

I have a friend who was out of the borg more than ten years, she didn't visit ex-JW websites or read any books. It wasn't because she was "past it", she wasn't ready to face it. She realised that she was still very much influenced by the JW phobia of all things "apostate". She also had lots of issues that she was only able to address once she started to deconstruct her JW experience.

I'm sure there are many like her.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

two of the prerequisites are

1. being bitter

2. having nothing good to say about:

a. witnesses

b. WTBTS

c. anything they have learned as a witness

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

2. having nothing good to say about:

a. witnesses

b. WTBTS

c. anything they have learned as a witness

Wrong on two counts there. I'll give you b.

• m.seagull
    m.seagull

Just because someone appears not to be interested in their JW past, it doesn't mean they've moved past it or that their perpective is healthier than someone who is a regular here.

*shrug*

I don't like religion period. I don't mean to say the effects aren't there. From a objective standpoint I feel it is disgusting the way they have misled millions of people. They just never misled me. At 10 when my mother would be having her bible study soon after she quit the Catholic church I would play my clarinet loudly in the next room so they'd have a hard time hearing each other. I'd disrupt their studies and generally just be a pain in the ass when made to go to meetings. I drew pictures and talked the entire meeting and was labeled bad association as early as age 12

Too much my father's daughter I suppose.

My husband on the other hand, who used to post here, was very damaged by the witnesses. I think he's made peace with it, but he still likes to jump in the car and go up to Russell's grave near here and take pictures to rile up his still in JW family.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Having a bad experience as a Witness causes many to have second thoughts about putting themselves back in a potential position of being belittled or corrected by other flawed humans, an event that occurs often on this site ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit