Is the evil we experience in our lives just "collateral damage" in the issue of universal sovereignty?

by gubberningbody 12 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

It's not as if I have questions that need resolving. I know things would likely have been better if Jehovah had been listened to. I am also ready and willing to do what he wants me to do, however exactly what that is isn't so clear.

If we're just pawns and the world is just a chess game between Jehovah and Satan, then I'm not sure I can wrap my mind around the length of the match and the things that have happened during this time period.

Surely we wouldn't consider it morally upright to use humans in this way to prove a point to Satan and the angels?

Anyone here not get the point a long time ago that we can't run the show so well and we could use a hand?

If the angels haven't figured that out by now, then they must be incredibly retarded. It wouldn't take a hydrocephalic idiot thousands of years to figure all this out.

I don't get it. I understand the explanation, it's just that it doesn't seem morally correct to treat any creature this way.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Seems to me, that there isn't much point in listening for something that you will never hear, in your lifetime, ie, jehovah speaking. However, those claiming to speak for him are all over the place. Lots of them claim to know how yhwh feels, what he thinks, etc. Yhwh needs to start a radio or tv program, where he speaks direclty, audibly. Instead, we have all these preachers on the airwaves, putting on good shows, and some bad.

If indeed, god made us pawns in his unversal soverienty contest, it would be a sign of unfeeling cruelty. If you base your beliefs on the bible, you will keep on coming up w limitless variations on everything, as has been demonstrated for 3000 yrs. Time to ditch that jewish crap, imo. Live your life as if YOU own it.

S

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Well, if you think of it as being "pawns" in a big universal chess game between good and evil, of course you're' going to feel used.

Aren't there better reasons for choosing to do what's good for yourself and your fellow man?

I believe in God, but I don't see that as being "used" to prove anything. I just think when we choose to benefit others rather than harm, we also benefit ourselves. If that's advice from God or something he put in us, it's a good thing!

Nothing that tricky about it.

I mean, if you're going to be using someone to prove God is right, humans are a poor choice. We screw everything up. I think Christianity works opposite to that. We surrender ourselves and admit we're sinners...we can't be perfect in any way, and it's just easier that way. It relieves us of the burden of having to be anything but ourselves, a bunch of screw ups. You do your best, and let God take care of the rest.

Only religions of works make people feel they can do anything for God. That's not God you're working for...it's another person. He doesn't demand that we do anything but what we're motivated to do out of love for him. Very simple, although not always easy. It's very hard for most people to surrender to the idea that they can't handle or fix everything wrong with themselves and with the world.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

God doesn't give a shit about us. Seriously would a loving father (his words not mine) use his children as pawns in a game. Would you allow your children to suffer and die to prove you are a good parent or you have the right to be a dictator.

• Warlock
    Warlock

What ever is happening in the spirit realm is determining all of this.

Unfortunately, we are not privy to that information.

Warlock

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

God doesn't exist.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    God doesn't exist.

So you are all knowing?

Warlock

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Everyone and everything is expendable.....except Jehovers Pride!

• Warlock
    Warlock

Go have another drink, and take a nap.

Warlock

• oompa
    oompa

Angels ride the short bus..........oompa

thus...since they direct the ministry......it will never end

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit