JWs doing "the Wave" at Convention?

by Gayle 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

LMAO! That was the most lame thing I've ever seen. She was really excited about that wave coming through

nj

• Chalam
    Chalam

Dude the convention has never been so much fun!

Doesn't take many people to start one-only 7 in yellow tee shirts ;)

How many pple does it take to start a mexican wave ?

All the best,

Stephen

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

This is nothing compared to the international convention in Germany. In addition to the wave, there was this stomp-clamp thing that everyone was doing, whole sections were shouting stuff in unision and honestly...for about 10 minutes I felt like I was at the World Cup.

Especially after the close of the Sunday session...they went crazy!!!

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

i think it shows that witnesses just want to be normal people like everyone else.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just wait until next year. Around May, the Kingdumb Misery will have an insert that specifically tells us that this kind of behavior is inappropriate. If it adds anything that remotely resembles fun, it is not apporpriate.

Then again, it is inappropriate for anyone that doesn't have to be there to even go at all.

• compound complex
    compound complex

This, along with bringing gifts to the newly-baptized at the ass'y/DC, has already been counseled against in the KM, but I couldn't give you the issue [some 4 or 5 years ago, I believe].

CoCo

• sacolton
    sacolton

Not part of this world? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaah.

• Joker10
    Joker10

I went to that San Diego assembly a few weeks ago. The whole wave and clapping went on for like 20 minutes before people started leaving their seats. But no one rushed to go home as there were taking pictures with delagates. Some of the delegates performed their countries' traditional dance. There were too many from Mexico though.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"i think it shows that witnesses just want to be normal people like everyone else."

No, it should read like this: "i think it shows that witnesses just are normal people like everyone else."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If it is fun, ...they will stop it. Expect a notice in the kingdom Ministry anytime about "Worldly customs and practices creeping in to our Holy Convention"

I was in Eastern Europe in the nineties at an assembly. At the baptism everybody went wild with continuous applause , waves from the candidates and absolute joy at the ocassion...They soon put a stop to that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit