Alien & Aliens

Eraserhead

Twelve Angry Men

Blade Runner

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Life of Brian

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Since you probably don't hear this one very often, here goes...

I'm a big fan of Jack Lemmon's work. I like his dramatic and comedy stuff.

The China Syndrome

Save the Tiger

The Odd Couple

Grumpy Old Men

Missing

Glengarry Glenn Ross

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

Donnie Darko - i was soooo mad when i finally watched this after being scared of its "R" rating. Awesome movie with a little swearing. big deal.

stupid rules (that i was stupid enough to follow, not trying to blame the WTBTS for not watching it, as many of you might).

• ninja
    ninja

donnie darko for me too..........

harold and maude

cidade de deus

vanilla sky

the man who would be king

network

clockwork orange

the exorcist

moulin rouge

wag the dog

• dig692
    dig692

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

The Breakfast Club

Grease

• flipper
    flipper

THOMAS COVENANT- Yeah, Lord of the Rings was pretty cool. I can't remember if I saw all 3 or just the first one- but it was good. My wife Mrs. Flipper LOVES " Life of Brian ". It is freaking hilarious for sure.

LEAVING WT- I'm a big Jack Lemmon fan as well ! Loved his ability and acting. Both Grumpy Old Men movies were great and he was brilliant in " Missing " as well. I have " China Syndrome " sitting on my shelf I bought the VHS version for $ 1.00, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet . Is it really good ? Jane Fonda is in that too isn't she ? I own so many VHS and DVD movies , can't get to them all ! LOL!

MRAIMONDI- Donnie Darko ? I'll have to watch that one sometime.

NINJA- Vanilla Sky was good. I also liked Network, 1984, and The Exorcist scared the hell out of me. I still can't get that scene out of my head where the possessed girl yells out at the priest, " Eat me ! Eat me ! " That was too bizarre for me. Strange.

DIG 692- Lord of the Rings was good. Wasn't a big " Grease " fan - but I thought Olivia Newton John was hot when I was younger ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Lots that have already been mentioned, plus a couple that many haven't... (I have a tendency to like off-beat movies)

The Russians are Coming

The Gods Must Be Crazy (I & II)

Ferris Buehler's Day off

... to be continued

(we have a video DVD & VCR library that exceeds 400 videos... and rising)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    LEAVING WT- I'm a big Jack Lemmon fan as well ! Loved his ability and acting. Both Grumpy Old Men movies were great and he was brilliant in " Missing " as well. I have " China Syndrome " sitting on my shelf I bought the VHS version for $ 1.00, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet . Is it really good ? Jane Fonda is in that too isn't she ? I own so many VHS and DVD movies , can't get to them all ! LOL!

Flipper, Hackman and Lemmon are two of my very favorites. We would get along splendidly as movie buddies.

Yes, The China Syndrome is excellent. It features another one of my favorite actors, Michael Douglas. Some say this film soured the American public on nuclear energy. It's pretty intense, even if a wee bit dated.

• flipper
    flipper

JIM_TX- Nice ! You have a great library of movies ! Cool. The Gods Must Be Crazy was really funny, I remember those. And Ferris Bueller was good too.

LEAVING WT- Yeah- I think our tastes are very similar. I am also a big Michael Douglas fan and have lots of his movies on VHS and DVD. ( Including Basic Instinct Uncut version ! Sharon Stone Pant. Pant. ) I'll have to watch China Syndrome with Mrs. Flipper this week. I'll let you know what I think ! Thanks. Peace Out, Mr. Flipper

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Anything with Audrey Hepburn or Katherine Hepburn or Doris Day

True Lies

Enchanted Cottage

PS I Love You

Dirty Dancing

(not in that order)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit