Maurice

Summer in Smoke

A Trip to Bountiful

Accidental Tourist

Sling Blade

To Kill a Mockingbird

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Back to the Future III is the one I keep wanting to watch.

BTW, I think I have probably seen There Will Be Blood about 15 times so far this year. I like films that reveal more on each viewing.

• flipper
    flipper

CRAPOLA- Driving Miss Daisy was a good one , I liked that ! Also Great Balls of Fire was good too.

QUANDRY- I really liked The Man From Snowy River also. Jaws for sure !

LEAVING WT- Vertigo was great. ( As I like most all of Hitchcock's movies ! ) Believe it or not- I've never seen The Godfather. I wanted to see Mississippi Burning.

PALMTREE 67- I like Samuel Jackson. Is he the same Samuel Jackson in " Black Snake Moan " ? THAT is a good movie also.

LEFTBELOW- Good picks ! Anything Star Trek is interesting. Been a long time since I saw Raising Arizona . It's good as is Shawshank.

PANDORA'S CAT 11- I really liked Romancing the Stone and Sleepless in Seattle was good. My wife loves that I enjoy some chick flicks.

LEOLAIA- I liked the Back to the Future movies also. The 3rd was the best in my opinion . 1st was good too. Of the movies you mentioned I see lots of my favorites also : The Princess Bride, Fargo, Bridget Jones Diary, Napolean Dynamite, Titanic, My Cousin Vinny, and others. Good list.

LALAA- I like the Back to the Future movies too.

DINGO 1- I agree. The Doors with Val Kilmer playing Jim Morrison was really well done in my opinion. He was a great Morrison ! Cool movie.

JAMIEBOWERS- Good picks you have ! Of the movies you mentioned I really like Steel Magnolia's, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Sling Blade was really great

• The Berean
    The Berean

The African Queen

• darthfader
    darthfader

Star Wars... Is there anything else??

Darth Fader

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Believe it or not- I've never seen The Godfather. I wanted to see Mississippi Burning.

Well, I'm afraid I can no longer be your friend or acquaintance.

In yearly polls of film directors, The Godfather is routinely considered the finest American film ever made. I will not temper my praise, as it is not possible to over-hype the film. Despite its long running time (at nearly four hours), it goes by quickly, as you'll be completely absorbed.

Mississippi Burning was nominated for Best Picture (it lost to Rain Man) and Gene Hackman, the lead actor was nominated for Best Actor (he lost to Dustin Hoffman, for Rain Man). Hackman delivers a riveting performance and there are number of scenes that are quite memorable.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It's a guilty pleasure but I like

So I Married an Axe Murderer,

What about Bob

and Tommy Boy.

also;

The Fountain,

and

The Legend of 1900

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    So I Married an Axe Murderer

I love this one. It's highly underrated and features Mike Meyers before the Austin Powers hype/fame, playing multiple characterr.

• flipper
    flipper

BEREAN- African Queen. I'll have to see it.

DARTH FADER- I liked " Return of the Jedi " where Luke Skywalker reconnected with his father.

LEAVING WT- LOL! Glad I don't get eternal life based on whether or not I've seen " The Godfather " ! Funny! I'll have to see it sometime. I was a good little J-dub when it came out , witness wifey would have bashed my head in if I snuck and watched it years ago. I really like ANYTHING GEne Hackman does - so I'm sure I'd love Mississippi Burning. He's great !

WASANELDERONCE- I love " What About Bob " - makes me laugh every time. I'm a big Chris Farley fan so I really liked " Tommy Boy". Good movie ! I like Mike Meyers a lot too ! I have all 3 Austin Powers movies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit