JW Ministerial Servant and Elder caught lying on youtube...

by Tuesday 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Ok, here's where I catch flak from you guys. That Ministerial servant Craig was quite likable and sincere. I think he had no problem answering questions. I think his answers were reasonable. Is the Shepherd book secret? No. Is is private, yes. Is it full of secret information? No. Are notes made in it that are confidential and damning to the BS of the WT? Yes. That's where the secret comes in. Please tell me where he was back peddling? The elder is taken back that the interviewer knows about the book, that was very funny. It is no secret that the book exists. It is, though, a fact that its distribution is restricted. All of the brothers who have ever had a copy know that it is bullshit to call it a "secret book". It is a compilation of WT quotes and questions just like the Pioneer book. Again, its the notes made at the elder's schools that are confidential. Hell, everyone has seen those thanks to Richie Rich. Sorry, its mountains out of mole hills with this one. Propagandatechniques and I have butted heads before. He makes something out of nothing. W.Once

• dingo1
    dingo1

i believe he handled himself well with loaded questions. the interviewer had prepared himself, kinda like the pharasees did with jesus. render unto ceasar, and such.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yeah,

Anti-climactic and silly. And done quite silly too - the "woo" he was doing at the end was just over the top. Woo over what?

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Wow, I'm all for exposing JWs as the cult they are, but still couldn't help feeling badly for the MS. He seems so sincere and totally unaware that he is in a dangerous cult. I can only imagine how excited he was to come all the way from Ohio to Bethel. Add to that the opportunity to "witness" to someone during his trip! Only to find out that he would be on YouTube under the heading propaganda techniques. I bet he is still praying to Jehovah to help him deal with any reproach he might have inadvertantly brought on His name.

While I am aware that the elders manual can be considered a secret publication, to any JW, the book is known to exist - it is not a secret in that way, and the information in it is not secret in their eyes either, just used by those qualified to "shepherd."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Sorry, its mountains out of mole hills with this one.

Wasanelder Once called it correctly. The MS was sincere and tried hard to answer everything.
    The elder didn't feel the book was "secret" and answered honestly.

The problem is the dangerous mind-control cult that trains them to honestly think as they do.

Any JW that sees this would be thinking how the interviewer was out to trap the JW's.

• donny
    donny

I also agree that the MS and elder handled themselves well. I was hoping to see something really damning and it wasn't there.

Donny

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I agree,

I really felt the MS was sincere,

and honestly,

If I were an elder and met someone on the street with a camera in my face

asking me about secret books, I would not have been quite as nice.

I would admit to nothing.

I don't think this is going to help people learn the truth about the organization.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I have to agree with Wasanelder Once on this one. The videos were not that impressive.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I also want to point out that

on the pedophile thing

he says,

anything that happens now we report it to the authorities.

that was the best gem of the video.

for two reasons,

one~ that they report it

and two, by saying now, it was not always done this way.

purps

• shamus100
    shamus100

PS,

He was honest though. You have to give him credit for that at least.

He was really trying to entrap them - and it looks really really lousy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit