The Last (Lord's) Supper

by PSacramento 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

right PSac...I would take Luke's words over that of the WT.

I can not actually think of a JW doctrine that crumbles if shown false on this...but it is just one of those nitpicky things the WT insists they are right on...

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I only quoted verbatim what the Insight volume says on the subject. Whether there are more recent statements clarifying their analysis, I cannot comment on at this time, because I simply cannot recall any. Perhaps others, such as blondie, may know and give their quotations.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

To the best of my knowledge all recent staements are in line with the Insight Book spike...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Spike,

Yes I read that rom the insight book also, after I attended the Memorial celebration, that is why I asked the question, even the bible commentaries I have seen (In regards to Luke)agree that Judas was there, Matthew henry's commentary being one.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

There are obviously various ways in which these passages have been understood. May the reader use spiritual discernment, I suggest.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The WTS can't have Judas at the "most important meeting of the year" as it would make partaking of the emblems open to anyone.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If, in fact, Judas did partake unworthily, that would add another couple of offences to the charges already against this "Judah surnamed Iscariot", as the Holy Name Bible referes to him.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Hopefully the necessary evidence will yet be added in the scrolls we're awaiting.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

it is pretty clear right now Spike, leave it to the WT to muddy it to its captives

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Isaac and I have our respective views. They are bound to differ, apparently. And Isaac's bound to have the last word, and for this I apparently must wait.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit