The Stupidity of The JW "Ministry"

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was baptized at 9 years of age. I was then a "Minister".

JW Ministers are any JWs that are baptized. Even irregular or inactive JWs are still "Ministers".

Most JW Ministers actually meet very few people and convert them to the religion. Even when many do meet a "householder" and leave literature, it is not uncommon to rarely ever see the person you are trying to convert again. BUT, the fact that they got witnessed to by you now puts the ball in their own court. They could never say they were not given the opportunity to enter into the "Ark of Salvation, Jehovah's Organization".

Being a Jehovah's Witness Minister is clearly a heavy responsibility!

• superpunk
    superpunk

It's a very inefficient business practice.

But the labor is free, so who cares?

• minimus
    minimus

That "ministry" applies more in Bethel (House of God).

• Warlock
    Warlock

So the title of your thread should have been "The Heavy Responsibility of the JW Ministry".

You get a W.

Warlock

• minimus
    minimus

Warlock, you're a tough marker.

• booby
    booby

It really should be called the JW "misery" as some mockingly call it. In the VAST majority of cases their call ends up marking the person for destruction.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

My feeling is that the ministry has become more about keeping the R&F busy so that they cannot think about the constant stream of repetitive and contradictory crap flowing out of Brooklyn/Patterson/Canada or wherever it is that they're printing.

It's kind of like the JW fascination with constantly building new KH's. They're always building a new KH somewhere, yet their growth numbers are stagnant. Why? Because it provides the APPEARANCE of growth; and a nice property empire to boot. When was the last time you heard of a JW congregation that owned their own KH, and had for years? The Catholic Church has somehow managed to make do with the same buildings for centuries.

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine actually believing that your presence is sooooo special that it can mean life or death. Talk about taking yourself too seriously!

• snowbird
    snowbird

I spent many a sleepless night worrying over the good people of Afghanistan, China, India, and the Middle East.

When the year-end worldwide service report would come out in the WT, I would pore over it to see if there were any changes.

I should bill the WT for my Rx.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

Being a 9 year old male Minister is worth more than being a 45 year old mature female Minister.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit