Is Jehovah a pushover?

by KDubbz 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Is "free will" really free, if you are punished for making the "wrong" choice?

According to the JW interpretation of the Bible, man was perfect until he sinned - then God punished him by somehow removing that perfection - unplugged the fan, as it were, to use the old "Live Forever" illustration.

If a robber holds a gun to my head and says "your money or your life", technically I have free will to refuse to give him my money - but in practical terms, I really have no choice.

Technically, Adam had "free will" to obey or disobey God - but when he made the choice that displeased God, God punished him. How "free" was that free will?

• Wordlygirl
    Wordlygirl

Yes, and I still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, too.

You mean the Easter bunny is not real too? I suppose you'll tell me the Tooth Fairy is fake as well! There is just no pleasing you bubble poppers.

Wordlygirl

• loosie
    loosie
    I suppose you'll tell me the Tooth Fairy is fake as well! There is just no pleasing you bubble poppers.

I hear ya girl. I really wanted to pet lions.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

The Tooth Fairy is fake? What the heck? Man!!!!! Who did I give all them teeth to, anyway?

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

A better question would be:

Why does KDubbz only have four posts but he has an avatar?

Jehovah is like those professional sand castle builders. They spend a week building something that will only but destroyed by kids or the tide. They don’t care though because they enjoy creating, they don’t care about permanence. Jehovah’s creation is the same way, he had fun building but lost interest.

• KDubbz
    KDubbz

Why does KDubbz only have four posts but he has an avatar?

LOL, I've been lurking here for a long time so I decided to start posting. Having an avatar just adds some spice to my profile :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit