Is Jehovah a pushover?

by KDubbz 15 Replies latest jw friends

• KDubbz
    KDubbz

I gotta admit that I have my doubts about God. My dad is an Elder. We were having a discussion about the Bible. He kept talking about how Jehovah allows Satan to rule the Earth so eventually Jehovah will have some followers and prove Satan wrong when the system ends.

I was thinking if we were in Jehovah's position. Suppose you create something like Jehovah did and someone else comes over and tries to destroy your work. What would your inital reaction be? Of course, we all would fight back to defend our work because we care and love our work so much. Why didn't Jehovah do the same? Why didn't he fight Satan immediately and destroy him? Is it because Jehovah doesn't really care too much about us? Or is he just a pushover? There's no way that someone with power like Jehovah would allow someone else like Satan to interfere with his work.

I got in an argument with my dad after I asked him those questions. He had no answer and called me a work of Satan. I was never baptized or anything FYI.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Ouch - those are the sort of things that puzzled me - along with making the rest of creation suffer for the sins of Adam - I could never comprehend why we were all put on trial..? In our Society, the children of criminals are not punished for the crimes of their fathers.

We are 'made in God's image' - yet as a mere imperfect mortal, I would put an end to suffering in a heartbeat if I could, so how can God just stand by and withold His ability to intervene? (do you think the same..?)

I imagine your father had no answer for you and took the easy route of 'labelling' you in order to end the discussion.

• reniaa
    reniaa

These are questions only God can answer, we have freewill and use it to kill each other why?

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

What the hell does the first part of your sentence have to do with the other? What is wrong with you?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yes, and I still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, too.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

He had no answer and called me a work of Satan.

LOL Typical witness response to awkward questions.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

These are questions only God can answer, we have freewill and use it to kill each other why?

WTF!

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

The JWs use an illustration of God being like a man whose neighbor accuses him of being a bad parent. He could punch the neighbor in the face, but that wouldn't prove the dude's claim about his parenting skills to be false, only that he was stronger. Instead he keeps doing what he does with his kids, letting his kids prove that he is a good father.

The illustration would be more correct like this: God is like a man whose neighbor accuses him of being a bad parent. He then proceeds to allow this neighbor to beat the ever-loving-crap out of his kids and figures that if the kids love him anyway, it proves he's a good father.

• KDubbz
    KDubbz

Reniaa, God gave us free will. Aren't we inclined to sin from the beginning? If Adam and Eve were perfect back then, they would have resisted the serpent and not eat the fruit. Suppose we have no freewill then we wouldn't be doing things that are considered bad. Having free will means we choose to do whatever we think is good and bad. If we aren't inclined to sin from the beginning then we should not have free will at all and "bad" would never existed.

• loosie
    loosie

The reason God doesn't make sense is because he is an idea made up by confused men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit