• booby
    booby

It's a good thing we changed our meeting schedule when we did. A
    restriction of this sort could have been used against us. Anyhow it's
    good that the governing body decided to make this change. Now it's no
    longer an issue for us. Also I hear someone at my congregation say that
    maybe the devil had planned to use this against us and his plan was
    thwarted by the change in our meetings.

see how smart they are and how powerless that dumb ass Satan is.

this was posted in regard to the deal about a pastor holding studies in his home. If you have read the articles it was all a big misunderstanding on the part of the officials,. not the beginning of destructlion of babylon, ha,ha.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

If you have read the articles it was all a big misunderstanding on the part of the officials,. not the beginning of destructlion of babylon, ha,ha.

Oh darn!!!

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I thought the change was made because of gas prices... which then fell back to a reasonable rate a few months later. Of course, that never made sense either... since you tended to go to the book study you were closest too, and in most cases, that home was closer than the KH. Soo... if any meeting should have been dropped, that was the LEAST gas saving option. Or if you really want to save gas, push informal witnessing over the completely ineffective (and costly in the rural area I grew up in) door-to-door crap.

I guess the "holy spirit" works in more of a "knee-jerk human-perception" way than with a divine plan. Funny thing, that...

- Lime

• KDubbz
    KDubbz

LOL it just cracks me up when JWs relate almost everythiing to Satan and how he is trying to interfere us. I think poor economy has a lot to do with them changing the meeting schedule. Companies are cutting back on spending and the WT society is no different. Satan, Satan, Satan.....my ass.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I thought the change was made because of gas prices... which then fell back to a reasonable rate a few months later.

Hey guys, gas prices went up in US, here in Europe it fell down .. in my country they fell 25% ... So the lofty GB makes decisions for the whole world according the need of US brothers???? :-)

Albert

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Albert - it is an American religion after all - and only Americans will ever hold the top position of president. I wonder - do they get paid a salary? or are all their expenses met?

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Oh yes Lou, I forgot....

Bad news for me... I have always dreamed to become WTBS president .... I think salary is not high, but being WTBS president you do not need money at all ..... and you have great job benefits - free lunches in a company dining room, free graveyard in Wallkill, and there are maybe even some more but I am yet not aware of them ....

Albert

• wobble
    wobble

Yes its a bit like being Royalty, being on the GB. No need for money. But what else would you expect ? they are a "Royal Priesthood ..."

Love

Wobble

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

So when you think about the change in the bookstudy, and this has been talked about alot, it is all about money. The idea is that you go from one hour to half hour for the congregation book study. this in turn pushes twice as long to finish the book. although, the way the reading breaks down now i think it is getting stretched out longer. this aids in to places, number one, you save on printing. not as many books need printed. number two, you save in costs of having to actually put the work in to produce new books since it would be hard to have to sit through the revelation book for a fourth or fifth time.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

Gb has nothing to worry about. if they need a new car, the poor bro's and sis in the congo give up there money to get them a new car. if they need there ass to be wiped they get that for free too. it's all bull s$%^t to me.

They probably have a bank account int he caymans or in swiss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit