tracts at the gas station pump

by lalaa 13 Replies latest jw friends

• lalaa
    lalaa

On my lunch break I went to get some gas before I went to pickup a sub at subway. I noticed that there were some tracts (in spanish) in the credit card application holding slot and just had to throw them away. I felt sooooo good doing it too.

Has anyone ever thrown away WTS tracts or magazines that you've seen in a public place???

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I can't recall ever seeing them in a public place, but good for you!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I have a good idea who is leaving them there. Check again next Wed. morning and see if there's more.

I know some regulars that hang out at the pumps.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have seen regular religious tracts at the supermarket that I work at. I always put "The Bible lies." on a few of them and put them back where I found them--and they sit there for weeks at a time. I have yet to see any witless tracts placed there--I would place a few apostate web site addresses to check out on those and put them back.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

When I used to live on my own and I ran out of toilet paper, the Watchtower and Awake were life savers!

• chickpea
    chickpea

this calls to mind something
    an at-the-time young pioneer
    said to me when she accompanied
    my family to a theme park venue....

lots and i mean LOTS of people
    were wearing T-shirts with religious
    commentary.... all of them xian btw...

her remark: what a cheap ministry...
    they should be out in service...

(spoken like a true JW pioneer,
    a guest on our nickel)

i am guessing ya can't get much cheaper
    than leaving tracts at a gas pump...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While I have no problem with literature being where literature belongs (on a table at a waiting room),
    it is greatly wrong to put it in a credit card application slot. Even if the slot is empty, it's purpose is not to hold other people's ads.
    One corporation's minions are stealing from another corporation. Let the WTS pay for the privilege of displaying it's "credit applications."

Otherwise, I have thrown it away. It's worse than rubbish. It's recruitment papers from a dangerous mind-control cult.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I will either throw them away or most recently I have come to carry a Sharpie maker with me and I put a not that the wt is a dangerous mind control cult right on the cover. LOL I am about to have a few labels printed upw ith the same message....

• frozen one
    frozen one

I write freeminds.org on literature I come across in public areas. I know that all I'm accomplishing is feeding some witness' persecution complex, but what the heck. I would like to hear what is said when the witness who puts the rags out comes back and finds my handiwork though.

• NINfan05
    NINfan05

i was at the bank the other day and there was a life i a peaceful new world tract sitting there on the counter as i waited for my check to get cashed. i didnt pick it up cuz the teller came back and i didnt want them to think that i really wanted it. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit