The Purpose Of The Preaching Work

by The-Borg 14 Replies latest jw friends

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Jehovah is apparently allowing the preaching work to continue to save as many people as possible. (That's what I was always told and read anyway.)

Last time I checked population growth far outsrips the growth of Jehovah's witnesses. So actually the longer the system goes on the more people are going to die.

• Newborn
    Newborn

and yet they say it has been preached everywhere...(yeah right?)

isn't the end supposed to come now then????

this religion is way too confusing for me

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are telling us that it will not necessarily reach everyone in the world. This is to make people afraid that it could come at any time now, when it will be a minimum of 20 years before all of China and the Muslim world is reached. They want a perennial "emergency" so people can waste all their time in field circus--the real purpose of field circus.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

This good news of the kingdom will be preach in all the inhabited earch as a witness to all the nations and then the end will come. ..... . .... . .....

I'd like to know who actually commissioned the mormons or JWs or any other person to preach. Is it something you are personally moved by the Spirit of God to do? If you did not receive this command from your heavenly father, then why are you preaching.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

seems to me with many jws it is guilt and fear, and embarrassment of a low hour report...

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

It's an unrealistic goal if taken literally. The population of the world general is increasing faster than Witnesses are to preach to them.

If they believed it just refers to Christianity in general and not JWs, it has been long fulfilled. Most of the inhabited world has heard of Christianity and it's basic beliefs.

If you believe it only refers to your relatively small sect of Christianity, it's highly problematic it could be fulfilled in any literal way.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Donations.

Publishers pay for the magazines the first time. Then, any money the public donates goes into Jehovah's coffers in Brooklyn.

They've already purchased the presses.

Gotta keep 'em running.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    Publishers pay for the magazines the first time. Then, any money the public donates goes into Jehovah's coffers in Brooklyn.

Is there a suggested donation for a book vice a mag?? Did the amount go down on the paperbacks?

• Waffles
    Waffles

India and China combined make up just shy of 1/3 of the entire population of this planet, yet the number of Witnesses in both of these countries is virtually non-existant. If the end ain't gonna come until the entire world has been given a thorough witness, then we're gonna be waiting here a loooong time.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Every year Worldwide, 157,000,000 are born. 62,000,000 die. That means 94,000,000 growth

So, Witnesses have about 94 million more people to Witness to each year.

http://www.prb.org/Datafinder/Topic/List.aspx?category=10

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit