Shocker! Watchtower says DON'T share experiences with demons..."it's promoting Satan!!"

by Witness 007 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

WT has caused the demons to materialize. They are all around us now. WT has conjured them.

Not On Facebook by MykReeve.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Psychotic break, anyone??

LOL!

I always enjoyed the demon stores. It showed how truly f**ked they were.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I love the way the dramatize it as "promoting Satan" ....and Satan can "influence their mind to believe something that wasn't true...stories exagerated." Admission that most demon stories are just full of CRAP!

• inkling
    inkling
    Such ones might sincerely believe that they saw or heard certain things and may relate their experiences as truth.
    In time the stories become exaggerated by constant retelling.

***Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!***

We have a winner! Be careful guys, you almost said something sensible there. Keep on the watch that
    you too do not fall into the trap of rational thinking!

[inkling]

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

There was an Awake magazine that came out in the early 80's featuring demon/spiritism stories. One story in particular had a deep impact on me since I was only a child. It was a story of how one sister was supposedly haunted by a powerful demon who managed to kill off her entire family. The part that had the biggest impact on me was when she told of how this demon would attack her during the night and she even awoke one time to find that the demon had made her stomach swell to the point where she appeared to be pregnant. Of course, she was able to defeat the demon by beginning to study with the JWs and blurting out Jehovah's name in the middle of those attacks. Looking back on it now, she probably made the whole thing up to get attention (I knew one JW who got her experience published in the WT even though she was far from exemplary) or she was suffering from schizophrenia or other serious mental disease.

My parents, who were already supersticious, were emboldened by the Watchtower's embrace of this nonsense and came to view just about every negative thing that occurred in their life as a result of the dreaded demons. Every big family fight was followed by a day of purging our house of any possessions that could possibly be related to spiritism. They'd find every item that was bought at a garage sale and would throw it away. Every gift we received from a non-JW would also go in the trash. Books with pictures of Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, the Wicked Witch of West, you name it, all went into the trash heap, too. It was their way of deflecting personal responsibility for their actions and their lot in life. Everything bad was the result of the demons.

To see the Society deviate from what has been their m.o. since I've been alive is interesting, to say the least. I just wish they'd made that move when I was a kid.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Typical Watchtower blaming brothers for something THEY have been preaching for years!

• reniaa
    reniaa

this was a necessary refinement I'm glad for it, having had recent dealing with born again type religious people who themselves are very into these type of stories, i'm very glad the Jws have seen through them.

Reniaa

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rHYMES WITH ?

hb

• awildflower
    awildflower

The last Circuit Assembly I went to in January focused entirely on Satan and nothing about Jesus. In fact it was so noticable I took specific notes on it. I laughed to myself because it made me think that if Satan exists, he must be very proud that two full days were spent talking about him! He doesn't care what kind of attention he gets as long as he gets it...........wf

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have thought about the initial post all day thinking, I knew I didn't make this stuff up in my head, I was always scared out of my wits until I left and still had debilitating nightmares of demons until I let go totally in my 30's.

Then I read leo's post of things written in the Mags and I thought, thank god, I knew I didn't think this shixt up. I remembered story after story of frightening horrors told by people in the hall, relatives, etc. From owning books, music, antiques, and garage sale purchases.

Then Reniaa wrote:

"this was a necessary refinement I'm glad for it, having had recent dealing with born again type religious people who themselves are very into these type of stories, i'm very glad the Jws have seen through them."

Reniaa, this is what makes many of us so angry with the WBTS. They throw something out there and never admit they were the biggest perpetrators of the original stuff. No apologies, no nothing. It happens over and over and gets labeled as new light, or the newest word seems to be "refinement".

When you have lived under the old teachings and spent years believing and suffering from it....it makes for very angry xjws.

This newest "refinement" just floors me!

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit