Who would WANT this wicked system to go on any longer?

by JWdaughter 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That is always the refrain of JWs when confronting former JWs who point out all the false prophecy, the false teachings and declare that they are not putting their lives in line with this religion simply because they say the end is near.

First of all. I don't know when the end will be. That is no reflection on me as saying that I think this 'system of things' is all hunky dory. Crap happens. Personally, whether it ends tomorrow or in the year 5450 makes no difference. God has let 'this system of things' go on as long as he has. My opinion obviously doesn't figure into when the end is! Do they condemn God every year that he doesn't end it all? I am so sick of this. There is a thread on Topix referring to it asking( http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TJS862P0PRHQB0HNI) "You would really want this horribly wicked world to go on that long? I sure wouldn't. I hope to see this one gone long before then." (asking whether the Borg will be in existance in 100 years). Why are WE wicked to even question it and they think that their version of God is so righteous and holy when they were saying similar things nearly 150 years ago, questioning the integrity of Christians who questioned their timelines? Frustrates me that non JWs are being tarred with the idea of loving this 'wicked system of things' when it is their God who has allowed THIS (in their view).

What is their reasoning for this kind of inane statement?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Whats the point of Armageddon,if theres no Wicked System?.....Jehovah`s Witness`s need a Wicked System!.....And..No one is going to take that away from them!!..........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• carla
    carla

It's a real shame the jw's do not appreciate the life & world they have right now. No where in the bible does it say to live a life miserable, hoping for the death of all others, doing nothing to make the world a better place, fixating on a future life free of all non jw's. They are truly a sad selfish lot.

How sad they cannot see the beauty of the world, the good in people who help their neighbors and family who are different than themselves. They feed on negativity and relish with glee every bad news story, every death due to war or murder, every 'Christian' who falls short and has some sort of very public sin so they can pray, thank you lord that I am not like that fellow over there.

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with Carla's sentiment here. The problem with JW's is they don't know how or aren't allowed to enjoy living in this " system " by the leaders of their cult. It's ridiculous. They have this " suffering now as a martyr " syndrome which allegedly will free them up to be rewarded later years from now to enjoy the " real life " as they call it in a paradise earth. Last time I checked when I pinched myself- I felt it. This is as real as life's gonna get folks ! So we better enjoy it while we have it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

boy I really would love for everything to be perfect and nice, no matter how good I have it right now.... i feel bad for all the economic difficulties

people are having now. the other day I was walking in a mall and saw a father pushing his weelchair son with CP.... i cried 30 seconds later.

really!

these birth defects hold a little instant tear effect onm me!

unfortunately, these things and other evidence has made me know that the watchtower/bible prophecies are just hogwash!

i really wish this evil system would end..... but it's just a dream4er

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Reality is intoxicatingly awesome.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Normal people in all parts of the world hate injustice and wickedness. The Witnesses don't have a monopoly on morality like they think they do. Nevertheless, simply wishing for a miraculous end to wickedness won't make it so. The supreme irony is that the Witnesses wish for wickedness to end in the most horrific and violent way possible: the death of the vast majority of humanity at Armageddon. I'm pretty sure that this won't happen. Technically, the human race has the capability of destroying itself, but I hope that won't ever happen either.

Dave

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

we should be praising:

1. education

2. science/doctors/research

3. phylantropy.

4. altruistic people

doing something about it, could make the world a better place.

just wishing and chasing the carrot leaves to ignorance and poverty

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

surely the fact that we live in such an ugly, evil world proves that there is no god (and don`t give me that satan da devil crap).

or is our concept of god completely wrong? all i know is i went into the jw`s for about 6yrs and came out the other side none the wiser.

the only thing i have learned is stay well away from organized religion.

it amazes me how many x jw`s quickly embrace a new religion or dont question the god thing.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Jws say and think what they are suppose to say, its as simple as that and if they don't they are sure to be punished

for their actions. This how fear propagating cults or Publishing Companys as it were like the JWS control people to do what they want them to do.

" The Wicked System of Things " is just one of their self marketing tools to attract people and for some it actually worked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit