Lord of the Rings

by think41self 50 Replies latest jw friends

• think41self
    think41self

Hey guys,

The family and I just got back from seeing the movie. Those of you who read the books will not be disappointed!

I would give it a 10 on a scale of 1-10. It is long though, almost 3 hours. But I liked it so much, and I feel there are details I may have missed, I think I will go see it again in a few weeks. Gosh it was great...that's all I will say for now!

think41self

Holy Flying Screaming Buddha, Batman!

• LB
    LB

That's on my list of movies to do. Glad I don't have to sneak in wearing a fake beard anymore, lol.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• zerubberballs
    zerubberballs

Thanks hug groapy,

I'm really looking forward to it. I have several books of Tolkien inspired art.

cheers, unclebruce.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I saw it last night. It's absolutely amazing. If you've read the books, go and see it. If you haven't, shame on you! Read the books, then go see the movie.

--
    "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason, 1794.

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

How faithful is it too the books?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    How faithful is it too the books?

Not to the letter. There's a lot missing as there has to be, and some details have been changed, but personally I have only minor quibbles. The casting is superb (especially the wizards), the visuals are amazing and the story is fast-paced, even though the film is nearly three hours long. Go and see it!

--
    "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason, 1794.

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

we are waiting for my son to finish the book to go see it this weekend. i cant wait!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Cheers, Miss Whiplash!

I shall take HL to see said film

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thanks Tracy

We will be going to see that, next time we are able to find a babysitter

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

Here in Zurich they started showing it yesterday too, but I couldn't get good seats so I'm going tonight.

Funkyderek: my wild guess would be that Tom Bombadil is left out of the movie. Am I right?

Joseph Joachim, an overly-enthusiastic pundit of borderline reality

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit