Answers to Bible Questions – from the DC recordings provided by AuntBee

by insearchoftruth 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

talks about 1925 and 1975, mistakes by the witnesses, not the organization.

They always blame the flock rather than themselves...When we look back we find that in fact they DID say most of what people remember

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

1925 and 1975? What happens when the original rags provide encouragement for the witlesses to sell out and pio-sneer shortly before that day, yet the reprints alter that text? Anyone with a scan of some of the rags (the original) from between 1968 and 1975, side by side with the 1980s and 1990s reprints of those same articles, can prove that the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery did in fact hound people to serve with that date in mind, and then altered the message to make it appear that the witlesses themselves took it upon themselves.

It is not that they served with a date in mind, but the fact that the Washtowel altered the facts, that proves that it is a false religion.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have listened to this at the devival when it was first spewed out, and a couple times of the recording. There are a few observations I would like to mark up.

Q1) Why have some of the Jehovah’s Witnesses entertained wrong expectations about dates?

Mistakes do not prove that religions are false. Most important to honor God’s name and the kingdom preaching work are important……talks about 1925 and 1975, mistakes by the witnesses, not the organization. This does not show that the witnesses were false worshippers, it shows that they were alert. The JWs are awake and only JWs are warning people of the fast approaching tribulation.

The term "some of the Jehovah’s Witnesses" was used throughout the answer. Besides the fact that it was Bible Students, and not JWs in 1925, this explanation gives lie to what they claim about everyone being united in getting the same truth and same teachings. Would a JW who was giving a talk about expecting a date be allowed to speak if it was not authorized by the organization? Would this go on without being "adjusted"? If they are right about "some JWs" having expectations, then they are wrong about all JWs believing the same things. The unspoken fact is that the WT published the wrong expectations and ALL JWs were required to accept them. The claim of " only JWs are warning people of the fast approaching tribulation" is either a blatant lie, or research that is so shoddy as to strip the researcher of any credibility. Ever hear of Hal Lindsay? Tim LaHaye? Harold Camping? Worldwide Church of God? It is a very long list that either a liar or a complete dunce would miss.

Q4) What does the transfiguration account tell us about the Last Days?

Strengthened the faith of disciples, many had left following since Jesus had not fulfilled the unscriptural expectations of the disciples. In this time of the end that we are now living, Jehovah has strengthened his modern day servants by shedding increased light on the fulfillment of that awesome vision of many related prophecies. Jesus is now a powerful king, portrayed as riding on a horse (biblical sign of warfare).

Moses and Elijah are conversing with Jesus, they are faithful witnesses who serve with Jesus, and therefore symbolize the holy ones who will serve with Christ.

Of course Jesus rose in 1914…….it is a golden age of spiritual provisions

A small point here. The transfiguration was described as a "vision." Moses and Elijah are said to symbolize the law and the prophets, which Jesus fulfilled, but this contrived "research" did not mention anything about that.

• dozy
    dozy

"Mistakes do not prove that religions are false."

So why condemn other religions for their mistakes? To be more accurate , false prophecies prove that religions are false.

19 And it must occur that the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name, I shall myself require an account from him.

20 “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Mistakes don't make one a false prophet? Back when the WT Society was hyping 1975, it said the exact opposite. 
    From the October 8, 1968 Awake!, pp. 22:

Still some persons may say: "How can
    you be sure? Maybe it is later than many
    people think. But maybe it is not as late
    as some persons claim. People have been
    mistaken about these prophecies before."

The Difference

True, there have been those in times
    past who predicted an "end to the world,"
    even announcing a specific date. Some
    have gathered groups of people with them
    and fled to the hills or withdrawn into
    their houses waiting for the end. Yet,
    nothing happened. The "end" did not come.
    They were guilty of false prophesying.
    Why? What was missing?

Missing was the full measure of evi-
    dence required in fulfillment of Bible
    prophecy. Missing from such people were
    God's truths and the evidence that he was
    guiding and using them.

But what about today? Today we have
    the evidence required, all of it. And it is
    overwhelming! All the many, many parts
    of the great sign of the "last days" are
    here, together with verifying Bible chro-
    nology.

You can download it here:

http://www.archive.org/details/1975PredictionsInAwakeMagazineByJehovahsWitnesses
  • insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

He starts with an explanation on how they have a wealth of information available to them, and most of the questions they are answering come from the theocratic library, but one must be willing to do the research

Thanks for doing some of the research for us cabasilas. Since the information in their own publications is so contrary to what they said, it is obvious most do not do any research, and if they do, they just attribute the changes to new light......

• oompa
    oompa

1925 and 1975?....crap for 40 years russell taught the end of the world was for sure coming in 1914 and the rapture would occur then.....talk about a big miss......i still find it hard to believe it could have survived after that.......oompa

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

An organisation is responsible for the actions of her members and her leaders . 1975 was, as we know (read the Ray story) an idea of Fred Franz.

Instead of stopping vice-president Fred's visions, they (collective leadership) liked the "expanding of the organisation / more members" those years.

They are wrong, and the result is that still in 2009 (!!) they have to answers quesions on the DC.

These question and answer sessions on the DC made me crazy when I attended. They are in my opinion mind control optima forma.

When you have to use this techniques you have to hide much of the truth.

• bobld
    bobld

Q1---in part they say "mistakes by witnesses-not the organization" Please explain,the generation that saw 1914 will NOT pass away before theend.The GB of the WBTS ie (organization) said it in their publications and not mistakes by some witnesses.You are not being truthful.God hate six things,yes seven PR 6:16,17 ONE OF THEM BEING A FALSE TONGUE.

Bob

• truthlover
    truthlover

I logged on to Filesend as per Aunt Bees info and got the talks - thats very much for the info -- I cant believe I forgot so much of what the talks said..

much appreciated

TL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit