Did you think adults were more mature when you were a kid?

by Wordlygirl 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wordlygirl
    Wordlygirl

I am glad that it is a common occurence. I was shocked when I first went to work here and saw how folks acted, even the women!! One of the women in my dept was talking about how Dino, a former boyfriend, had a penis that curved to the left when erect. Now sometimes another woman will hold a banana at her groin and say "Hello, My name is Dino." LOL

Wordlygirl.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

We were just oblivious back in the day. People have always been people.

Ward Cleaver [arrives at home from work]: Oh, hello Beaver. Pull my finger.

Beaver [scrunches up face]: Gee, Dad! I don't think so.

June Cleaver: Ward, you shouldn't torment the Beaver so.

Ward [leans close to June and muttering]: What say we send the boys to the cinema to watch a movie and we push our beds together for some sheet scooting?

• streets76
    streets76

That's one of the shocks of growing up -- realizing that everyone is just winging it and always has been.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Adults who act anything but grown up--

That has been the greatest challenge for me as a parent:

How do you present positive role models for children, when there are so few grown ups whose behavior I'd want them to model?

There's plenty of adults I don't want them to emulate and there's never a shortage of those. It's a fact: grown ups do dumb things: start fights, go to jail, drink and drive...the list goes on...

If I do know of someone who is a hard-worker, has good manners, and has enough street smarts to survive--- that's a good role model.

Growing up, i didn't get a chance to idealize adulthood: Unfortunately there were a couple of men in our extended family who were drunks and deadbeats. That made me realize at a very young age, there are very few "gentlemen" left in the world.

Adults whose almost every other word is a profanity--that gets old and annoying really fast.

• ataloa
    ataloa

I've always wondered if the day would ever come that I would feel like a grown-up.

(That Dino thing IS funny.....lol!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit