On a scale of 1 - 10 - How Ex-xjw are you?

by AK - Jeff 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• screwproof
    screwproof

Having just admitted to my closest family members that I have lots of doubts, I guess I am still around a 4. This has been brewing in me now for over 10 years and I am just now allowing it to be seen. I am not saying much due to a mother who is still a JW and ill.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Baba, the only reason I come here is to see what is currently up with the WTS because I have a lot of ex-JWs who contact me for support. I feel that I need to know the current thinking in order to be able to help them "see the light".

However, I'm so over being an ex-JW that I really wish people wouldn't contact me for help, but they do anyway. And I can't turn my back on them. Also, I'm beyond worrying about my family leaving the JWs and even wanting to be around them, since they're rabid JWs. I don't even bother with my JW family anymore.

I'm DONE. I just want to live my life and put the JW stuff behind me and mostly I do. But I did not do well when I first left the JWs and feel an obligation to help others who are now leaving, so that they don't fall apart like I did.

St. Ann

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I'm going to say I'm a 9.75. I've been out for decades but I still have baggage.

I know no JWs currently. I know no ex-JWs except for you guys. Both of my parents are dead. My sister and I are not close at all and it is very possible that I will never see her again or even talk or correspond with her again.

I haven't seen any of my JW extended family in almost 5 months and I don't anticipate that I will see them again. I've made the decision to cut off that part of my life since my mother is now dead. The last email I sent to my JW uncle I made it clear how I felt and I didn't want anymore of his preaching emails. I'm pretty sure I will not hear from him again. I do not care to see those relatives anymore. We have nothing in common.

I enjoy reading the posts on this board. Many of us have a lot in common. Especially those of us that were "born-in". It's been very therapeutic for me to be here.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

I still have a bit of baggage, but haven't dealt with it for about 2 years now.

I don't think I'll ever be a 10 because I will always be interested in what's going on in Dubland and it'll still rattle my cage a bit. I guess I've been mentally a 9 for the last couple of years. I've pretty much ignored my JW past, I lived abroad for most of that time, but now that I'm back at home it could very easily go back down to 7 or 8 when I decide to stop putting off the inevitable and deal with my family issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit