Been thinking about things...

by Strider Arekksu 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

I also know how easy it is to mess up like the people in congregations do. Sometimes I'll sit in car groups and listen to people gossip. Some of them do try to resist, but the more I guess "carefree" ones just laugh off the doubt that the other will have. I'm surprised the little things I've done for people don't get twisted up. I've given gifts to a girl in our congregation, because she was being so kind to me (I gave them for no reason other than as thanks). to this day I'm still surprised it was not twisted into me liking her. I'm sure if she thought I liked her she wouldn't nearly be so open towards me. Well anyway, my main point is that gossip probably is a contributing factor into a lot of this stuff when people hear about personal descions that people make in their life. Sometimes it's really hard trying to escape from the frustration that flawed human nature brings, but I guess its something that we need to condition ourselves to deal with. But in a group of humans there will always be gossip. Every single partime job I've had there was gossip, you just have to be prepared for it I guess.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    We would get many different letters from bethel and stuff about the problems we were having with cliques and people not opening up, so at least in my mind, the watch tower guys were doing their jobs or at least attempting to, not covering it up or making excuses for it. I can't really blame the religion if the elders don't follow through with making sure these issues are not only addressed but settled

If you read the magazines carefully and listen to the talks that are outlined by the society, you will see that the governing body does indeed encourage cliques by warning jws to avoid weaker ones.

Again I've never seen the WTS get involved with this stuff, it's usally just the elders and sometimes only goes to the CO. The only time I've seen WTS get involved with stuff personally is when people in congregations were clearly acting poorly and it was effecting more than just one person.

The elders go by a book written by the WB&TS entitled "Pay Attention to Yourselves and the Flock", so they aren't making this stuff up as they go along. This stuff is spoon fed to them by the society. Why not check out Ray Franz's books? You may also want to read at sixscreensofthewatchtower and watchtowerdocuments to see how sh*t flows downhill with the WB&TS.

Welcome to JWN, btw. Hope to hear more of your thoughts soon!

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

Thanks for the links man! Hmm sixscreensofthewatchtowe seems pretty interesting. I don't want to say much since I'm not fully done reading the whole site, but even though I see the proof, I'm not sure if the creator of the site is doing it for the right reasons, it seems to be more of a "here is where I think they make a twisted interp, and I'll kind of hint at the 'correct' one". Personally I hate that kind of stuff, but I'll give this guy the benefit of the doubt and do a thougrough run of the whole site, possibly do some back up research as well. Somethings are actually hard to follow. It's kind of hard to understand someone's, interpretation of people interpreting something, or their motive behind it at the least. This guy seems to at some pionts be taking things in the papers out of context. It's annoying sometime reading through stuff when it's written in such a subjective manor, sometimes it gets confusing.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Strider, Now is especially the time to Keep on the Watch! Worldly asociation is very alluring, but it is a distraction from Jehovah's right ways and clean language. — Spike Tassel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit