Tonight a mother mourns the loss of her son

by purplesofa 26 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't know the boy.

My daughter and I were coming home from a shopping trip at Wal-Mart, loaded down with goodies to eat.

The road we had just travelled on was clear of any mishap, an hour later on our return

ahead of us was blue lights and more blue lights.........about 8 city cop cars, state police,

crime investigators. A huge area was taped off with that yellow tape.

My heart always sinks when I see this so close to where I live and know so many.

A motorcycle was down below the road, in a ditch, in tall grass, you could hardly see it.

How could things have changed so quickly, only an hour in Wal-mart.

The accident happened some time in the night when this 26 yr old was coming home from work,

but some time between 10-11am someone saw the bike and then the person.

That was the hour we were in Wal-Mart.

I thought about this kid all day, first when his idenity was not released, who it might be, then when his name and age was told.

Tonight I had to pass by the area again, all I could think of was the mother that was mourning the loss of her son.

I wondered if he layed there in the weedy ditch for some time alive, but no one saw him, no one knew he was there

until it was too late.

I hope that I don't die alone.

I don't know why I had to share this, but I just do.

purps

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I don't know why I had to share this, but I just do.

I do.....Your a good woman Purps.....What you saw was traumatizing.................................OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am all weepy about it,

I think I will send the family a card or something.

Thanks Outlaw,

purps

• dinah
    dinah

Aww, Purps. That is upsetting. I know you're probably thinking---what if? And your feelings for the Mother? That is nothing but true empathy. You don't care what religion they are or anything. You sound like a Good Samaritan to me. (however you spell it)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Purps:

CoCo

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Ya, I hate seeing stuff like that too. I'd be alcoholic if I had to be a fireman or paramedic.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Purps, I feel for you. Recently, in our small town, on a school road 2 blocks from my home, (20-25mph) a young man died on his motorcycle. My son rides one and I still see that memorial every day and my heart falls. I know the mother. I know the sisters, the brothers, the fathers, the grandparents. They are you, me, our neighbors and friends. That boy was someones son-who had dreams and hopes and a family. My reaction is pretty selfish. I know that.

I am sorry for the sadness that touched you.

• quietlyleaving
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Aww... Purps your a lot like me. My heartbreaks for complete strangers when I see stuff like this. I always imagine it being my kid or my family member and how I would take that news.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Purps that was so sad. My heart goes out to that poor boy's family and to you for the way this has saddened you. It really is a mother's worst nightmare.

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit