I'm getting married!

by B_Deserter 13 Replies latest jw friends

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

About 6 months ago I started dating a non-witness. Our relationship has grown quite quickly and a few weeks ago I proposed to her. We are now in the midst of wedding and house-buying plans. I was reading through some of my initial posts from two years ago (man has it already been that long?) and was thinking wow, how much have I "progressed" out of the JWs. I can say I'm probably the happiest right now that I've ever been in my life, and I can't be more thankful for this forum which has provided me so much support throughout my journey.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Congrats Mate....sounds like you made it out okay!

• DJK
    DJK

Six months? I waited a year, twice. Enough said about that.

Congrats and best wishes to you both.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Congrats!

DJK, I think it really depends on the individuals whether it's successful or not. Time does show up all the warts, though.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hey Congratulations. Good for you!!!

Make me think of the song( in cockney)
    "I'M getting married in the morning
    Ding dong the bells are gonna chime""

Get me to the Church on time..."""

Yep they are gonna ring for our buddy
    B_Deserter GOOD LUCK My friend

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Congratuations! Wish you both the very best of happiness together.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Congratulations! And Best Wishes and enjoy to the fullest the rest of your life!! Cheers!

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Congrats! We were engaged in less than two months, married a year from the day we met and still going strong 13 years later! Don't let anybody scare ya! When you know...you know!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats and good luck! Give us details if you can...date, big or small wedding, how's the house hunt gong, etc?

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Congratulations! I remember when Mr. Fiorini proposed, one of the best days of my life. I hope you two have all the happiness and joy that we have.

One of the positive things I took from my WT experience was from a circuit overseer who used to say in his talks that a good marriage is the union of two good forgivers. I have found this to be true, especially when it comes to the little irritations that can come up when two people share a home.

This is unsolicited advice, so take it for what it's worth. But I do try to find the good from my WT past, especially since there was so much bad.

Best wishes to you both!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit