UPDATE ON MY BROTHER IN LAW

by Mary 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

Good luck to you all.

They are lucky to have you around to help steer them in the right direction.

Who knows what decisions might have been made without your input and feedback over the years; it is good they are accepting of the idea of a blood transfusion.

I'm sorry to hear that you all are going through this. Best wishes to you and your bil.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

So sorry for you and your family, and what you are going through, I hope things get better for you and your family.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I lost my aunt to that disease after she fought it for 7 years with repeated blood transfusions. I sincerely hope that your family will get through this with peace and are able to comfort him in his most desperate hour. Your love will not fail him. All the best. Keep talking when you need Mary. W.Once

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'm so sorry you and and your family are going through this

• Mary
    Mary
    So sorry for you and your family, Mary. If he decides to take blood, will his siblings still donate the bone marrow?

Well, I was talking to my sister tonight and she gets the feeling that his brother (who's an elder) is having second thoughts and may still be willing to donate his bone marrow if necessary. I think he's taking an "ask me no questions, tell me no lies" approach, which is good.

All the research I've done on this disease is fairly depressing. Stem cell transplants seem to be the one avenue that offers some hope but we're still about 10 - 15 years away from this technology being really, really able to help cure diseases. But at least we will have left no stone left unturned.

Thanks so much for all your support you guys. It really means alot.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Mary said: I've decided that I am going to print off the section in my project about blood and send it out to every hospital in the area. That way, they'll have something to reiterate with when the HLC shows up.

Great idea! Every hospital in the world should have a copy!

Continued best wishes to you and yours, Hon.

Love,
    Baba.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Mary and family,

CoCo

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Big hugs for you and your family, I hope all goes well.

Research is so important.

My heart goes out to you and your family...Snoozy

• Will Power
    Will Power

((Mary))

I'm sorry you and your family are going through this and having the WT policies lurking around only make it worse.

I have a dear friend who, while in remission for her breast cancer, developed CML (involves the mature white cell). AML involves the immature white cell.

She has amazing success stories, not only her own, but many others. She's very involved and is an amazing support to others. A positive attitude is a must and there is no reason why your BIL can't be one too. She mentioned there were some clinical trials with a new treatment called gleevec that had promising results.

Also is there a Wellspring close by? Wellspring is awesome and will teach patients and their families how to maintain a good attitude along with some fabulous coping skills including relaxation, visualizaiton, yoga, tai chi.....all Free.

PM me if you'd like her contact info. I told her about you and she said "If they want someone to talk to about it I would be happy to."

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

(((((((((((((((((((((((((MARY))))))))))))))))))))

I'm glad you were able to get through to your sister. I hope it saves his life. If so, they will have you to thank for it, not the naysayers in the cult.

Keep your chin up sweetie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit