Who is the "Lord of Lords"?

by Chalam 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that :)

Yes all those NT verses where they quote the OT are normally "winners"!

In general, the OT refers overtly to the Father and then the NT quotation applies it directly to the Son. Any they say Jesus is not God but "a god"?! Go figure...

All the best,

Stephen

• rocky
    rocky

Maybe both Jehohovah and Jesus can carry those titles..... and maybe in the same way or in some other meaning.. I do not know so far...
    still I found this:

rsp.414par.1Trinity

If a certain title or descriptive phrase is found in more than one location in the Scriptures, it should never hastily be concluded that it must always refer to the same person. Such reasoning would lead to the conclusion that Nebuchadnezzar was Jesus Christ, because both were called “king of kings” (Dan. 2:37; Rev. 17:14); and that Jesus’ disciples were actually Jesus Christ, because both were called “the light of the world.” (Matt. 5:14; John 8:12) We should always consider the context and any other instances in the Bible where the same expression occurs.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi rocky,

A couple of interesting points you have raised. With regards to the king of kings reference there are three in the OT which refer to earthly kings

Ezra 7:12 Ezekiel 26:7 Daniel 2:37

However, these are mortal kings who were, for a time in power over the whole earth.

With regards to Jesus

Isaiah 9:7 (New International Version)

7 Of the increase of his government and peace
    there will be no end.
    He will reign on David's throne
    and over his kingdom,
    establishing and upholding it
    with justice and righteousness
    from that time on and forever.
    The zeal of the LORD Almighty
    will accomplish this.

Now, I just conclude this

John 10:30 (New International Version)

30 I and the Father are one."

John 14:8-9 (New International Version)

8 Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

All the best, Stephen

• rocky
    rocky

Well Chalam.....

Nice point you tell us here... but sometimes I get a little tired of answering again to same (points or kind of) questions.... sorry to say so..
    Look to my posts on: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/174505/1/NT-ho-theos-and-John-8-58

Then you find some answers to John 10:30 and 14:8,9

I answer here LIKE a JW but (still not am again) (not) one of them..... so far... hope elders might be not as hard as a rock to me all the time...
    I now live like a JW still DF so far.... now about 1,25 year...

Rocky

• Akuraj
    Akuraj

Hi Chalam,

All the Authorities were given by Jehovah God to Jesus.

So, those authorities will goes under the titles.. Such as Lord of Lords, Redeemer, Saviour, Eternal Father and Etc.. These also gave by Jehovah God to Jesus..

Its not a big surprise!!

Thanks,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit