Try not to be personal in your rebuttal

by donny 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donny
    donny

Please folks, there are not that many real JW's on this site who express their opinion, so try not to be so negative against the poster as I sometimes read. You can dispute what they say all you want and you should if you disagree, but we should not look as if it's something personal when we reply.

I know many have been hurt by the Society and I myself am angry that I wasted my 20's and early 30's with this organization, but none of the "angry" taunts and comments I received then are what led me out. What did was reasoning and logic and any who apply it and really think about it, will eventually come to their senses.

Don

• mouthy
    mouthy

I will TRY to remember this advice Donny

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Donny..Well said.......................................................OUTLAW

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

This is the toughest part for me; to remember not to be bitter. Bitter people do not live strong, productive lives. Thank you for the reminder!

• reniaa
    reniaa

thank you donny

• wobble
    wobble

But surely if a posters actions are causing us a problem, i.e going off topic, indeed trying to kill a topic, not answering direct questions , ignoring proofs against what he/she has said etc. etc. then we have the right to pull that person up, and say "this forum is for debate " or something similar.

I agree, to be personally insulting is not on.

Love

Wobble

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

Is this forum for debate? I picture it as being more like a hug session at my JWN support group.

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Good point Donny, and very tactfully stated.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It is the cuddly club revisited.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Something to consider. We should take care and remember we know almost zero about the individual who is posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit