Someone who doesn't appreciate the WBTS latest tract campaign

by Mickey mouse 18 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Actually we don't know that Noah said anything to anyone (If you accept the Bible in the manner that JW's suggest they do). No preaching is mentioned at all in the Hebrew Scriptures. Peter made reference to material which was taken from the Sibylline Oracles. The Sibylline Oracles were not inspired, but the mythos of Noah as a preacher came from the needs of others to portray him as such.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hahaha! Great article, and the comments are better.

Reinna, what's wrong sweetie? You seem a bit testey lately.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I guess noah was also loony minded for trying to warn people.

Luke 12:44-46 (New International Version)

44 I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 45 But suppose the servant says to himself, 'My master is taking a long time in coming,' and he then begins to beat the menservants and maidservants and to eat and drink and get drunk. 46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

My reply: No Reniaa...Noah was not looney. But what he rpeached was true. What the JWs preach is the GB's false doctrine....another kid of doctrine spoken of in Gal.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Please, NOT another tract campaign!

More evidence that Brooklyn is so out of touch here.

JW's cannot even place the latest WT or Awake with people, so how many are going to take time off to listen to this talk??

I'm sure the JW's in my hall will not be thrilled with this, although the WTS seems to has fallen in love with these campaigns...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

They had to cancel one 2 years ago because it had a sentence in it saying "Priests molest children...chrches cover it up...churches sold"...this right after MSNBC aired about the pedophilia scandal in the org. Anyone remember that?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I don't see how anyone can say that Noah preached anything since it is clear that Peter got his fairytale from the Sibylline Oracles, or from word of mouth tradition to that effect.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Funny letter! Use it for garden mulch!

• trebor
    trebor

They had to cancel one 2 years ago because it had a sentence in it saying "Priests molest children...chrches cover it up...churches sold"...this right after MSNBC aired about the pedophilia scandal in the org. Anyone remember that?

A few years back, the Watchtower Society had a campaign with a tract entitled Keep on the Watch! which was published in 2004. Another campaign was supposed to take place in January 2008 with the same tract. The months leading up to January 2008 in Our Kingdom Ministry stressed and highlighted in its usual announcement area the literature placement indeed would be the Keep On The Watch! tract.

However, in a very brief Letter to the Body of Elders, dated November 14, 2007 it states:

"Please inform the congregation of the following adjustment to the January 2008 literature offer. Instead of the brochure Keep on the Watch!, the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? should be offered. If householders already have the book, publishers may offer any 192-page book printed on paper that discolors or any book published prior to 1992 with the exception of Creation, Mankind's Search for God, and Young People Ask."

This was a sudden and very surprising change of events for the Watchtower Society. Why cancel the campaign? Congregations already had their ample supply of tracts to distribute. Could there be something wrong with the tract itself?

On Page 3 under the section 'The Religious Scene', it states:

"Priest sexually exploit young people; church cover-up. Decline in attendance; church buildings sold."

At least the Watchtower Society stopped the hypocrisy this time around. Their 'Relgious Scene' is no different.

-trebor

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Thanks Trebor...the wt didn't so much as drop the hypocrisy there as much as they didn't want their members to place something that owuld leave them open to learning about the scandal in their org. any more than they had to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit