Your opinion please

by sspo 27 Replies latest social relationships

• sspo
    sspo

Just wondering what all of you experts would do if you were in my shoes and of course i realize we are all different and there is no right answer.

I was a JW for over 3 decades and very active, served mostly as elder for those many years...

won't give you all the details but wife divorced me for being an "apostate" "spiritual endangerment" even though there was

no ground for scriptural divorce. I was never DF or DA.

She's waiting for me to commit adultery and write a letter for her to be given to the elders

and be "free scripturally" and marry another cult member.

The question is...

Would you write a letter admitting of your adultery which can also be used by the elders in coming after me,

even though i have not attended meetings for 2 years and face possible DF and affect my relationship with some family members

and friends or screw them all and keep quiet until one day i would remarry and make her free?

Thanks

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I would not admit to adultry.

It's a stupid rule. She divorced you. Let her suffer the consequences of the religion.

edited: of choosing the religion over you.

purps

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Don't tell them anything. Let Jesus be your judge, not the WT.

All the best,

Stephen

• sspo
    sspo

Thanks purps

That's what every tells me to do, on the other hand at times i feel for her

because she cannot help it, being influenced by the F#$%@g governing body

to act a certaing way.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

that a tough one sspo -

but I think it is reasonable to consider the damage you will be doing yourself in putting in writing that you committed adultry.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

She can help it, she wants her cake and eat it too.

If she wants to let the organization keep her from marrying and having sex then let her suffer and the guy that thinks he wants her.

I am bitchy today, maybe tomorrow I might be NICE

• sspo
    sspo

Interestingly even some witnesses saw the injustice of it all since the bible says

not to leave your mate if he does not beleive and have been told to keep my mouth shut

even if she was free to remarry.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Exactly.

• wobble
    wobble

I concur with the above advice, tell them NOTHING, you don't owe the Elders anything, you don't owe your former wife anything.

I have a friend going through exactly the same situation,I told him to keep it quiet whatever he does, to use his freedom, and cherish his freedom, why give your freedom back to her or the Borg?

Love

Wobble

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

She made her decision (or let others make it for her, which is still a decision/route she chose). I think it's absolutely best to let consequences play out. It could lead to her awakening.

Writing a letter puts you at decided disadvantage.

I would not do it and might even consider moving out of the area.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit