P90X!!!!!!

by daniel-p 17 Replies latest jw friends

• dingo1
    dingo1

stop bitchin about your health, ride a bike. the only diet that is foolproof iz excercise. maybe its the witnesses fault.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

stop bitchin about your health, ride a bike. the only diet that is foolproof iz excercise. maybe its the witnesses fault.

Bitching about my health? The only one bitching here is you, bitch. And you're wrong. Losing weight effectively is 20% exercise, 80% nutrition, in terms of effort and time.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I tried it and I have to admit it kicked my ass after two weeks. P90X is seriously intense. Anyone who can keep up with it will defiantly end up movie-star-ripped after the 90 days.

Elsewhere, the two week mark is probably the biggest "hump" in the program. Before that point you'll just be sore as hell, but after that, your body is asking you "what exactly is going on here?"

I'm not even doing pull ups yet--I've been so heavy and lacked the upper body strength to make up for it. So I replace all the pull up routines with the bands. Someday I'll start the pull-ups, but it's not a priority.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hey, danielp - glad to hear you're still with the.X.

Lori and I got the X in Oct. 2007. Did the 90 Days, and it worked fantastic. In 2008, after seeing our photos on a P-90X discussion board, the company got in touch with us and asked us to submit photos for possible inclusion in their P-9OX The Proof infomercials. They change those on a regular basis, so I don't know if we got into one of them or not. I don't watch them all!

I'm getting back into the X again - though I've been using it off and on since last year.

I have a friend, former career Special Forces soldier and now a personal trainer. He LOVES the X and has created his own version for the gym where he teaches.

The X works.

S4

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The secret to not letting the X totally disable you is starting out a little more slowly than you might think. Then, ramp it up to full tilt AFTER your body is really used to that intensity. That takes a few weeks.

Then you just feel incredible pushing it.

S4

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Good advice, Seeker. Nice to see you around!

• androb31
    androb31

It's definitely an interesting ride. When the 90 days is up you feel invincible. Like Daniel-p said "the two week mark is probably the biggest "hump" in the program". I did it in the mornings and dreaded waking up the first 2 weeks and almost stopped halfway thru the workouts, especially the plyometrics, but I would push myself thru. After that it was downhill and I was looking forward to the challenge in the mornings.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

P90X is amazing, I got great results and I didn't even follow the fitness plan. I'm planning on starting this up and pairing it with the fat smash diet to try and get some incredible results.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit