Theocratic Lurker spies

by vikesgirl101 17 Replies latest jw friends

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

I have read a few threads that speak of lurking spies for the JW that watch this website. Is this true? I really don't have a problem with that, but to me it appears entirely SACRELIGIOUS from what they preach. They tell you don't watch the Dateline programs that feature JW molestation abuse, or reading mail from apostates. That is swell. But I am confused as to why policing a website is productive. Does anybody agree with me? It is just creepy, I am sorry.

How do you spot one? It seems like another attempt to strip dignity. Do they post a profile, or just read our posts for dirt? Just curious. I am new to all of this.

• yknot
    yknot

Probably registered but never posts......

Either way most of us welcome them taking a peak of the truth about the 'troof'.

Afterall we used to be them in one way or another.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Any one of these purported spies is welcome to do a study with me and show me how WT doctrines are compatible with scripture, or even make sense.

• wobble
    wobble

I thought about this years ago , long before the internet, I was aware that someone in Bethel was reading anything pertinent, because they would quote from some of them, and obviously knew of the other writings.

Quite often they would selectively quote in quite a dishonest manner, and though I was aware of that, I justified it as "ends and means"

But what I asked myself was , how can they read all this stuff, tell us not to, and then twist it and use mind-control techniques AND STILL SLEEP AT NIGHT ?

(I admit I didn't have all the knowledge then to put the question quite that way)

But I did wonder about the effect on those Bethel-boys of reading all that stuff, as I had to struggle against the reasoning to stay "in"

So WELCOME Lurker Spies ! Read and learn ! Use the archive ! You will soon know the Truth.

Love

Wobble

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Most likely the prominent sites get some attention - though it is debatable how much. After all, if your sworn enemy laid his stategies and plans out on the internet for all to see, wouldn't you want to take a look?

I think there may be thousands of active Jw's lurking - and that is wonderful. If any can successfully debate the doctrines and practices, they are welcome to join in - few ever do - none successfully that I have seen.

Jeff

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I started a thread on this a few weeks ago, and I felt bad about it afterward. While its main intent was that Bethel DOESN'T monitor these sites, it was brought up that individual JW's do. Some are looking to nail someone they know who they have a suspicion about.

It isn't officially done. I do know that some CO's were asked to take a peek many years ago and report back to the GB, but that hasn't happened officially. Unofficially, I am sure it is different.

Yes, it is hypocritical, and yes, it is good for them to read the real truth about their fruity little cult.

I would hope that to the extent one uses common sense and doesn't compromise any personal information, then you should be able to post in relative anonymoty if that is your wish, although I was made aware how easy it is to track things like IP addresses. So be cautious if you are a fader.

Bon apetite JW lurkers! I hope you aren't scared of the real truth....

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

For me it shows how sneaky and double sided some of these people can be. They can DF me, I could care less. I welcome it. But I have heard that the elders here in my town are notorious for following faders to see what they are up to. I think stalking is unethical under ANY circumstance. I know this cong isn't the only one that has done that. I talked to an ex JW last week from this forum, and she said they followed her too. She is in another time zone than me. That is creepy. But when or if they come on here to catch someone, they aren't following their own advice.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

The Internet is their worst nightmare, exposing their criminal behavior. They cannot afford to ignore sites such as this.

Watchtower leaders might be like the Orthodox Jews who hire a non-Jewish shabbos goy to flip their light switches and flush their toilets during the weekly Sabbath.

They would never taint themselves personally reading here, but what's to stop them paying worldly "bird food" people to do their dirty work? If their scummy lawyers are worth their salt, ex-Witness sites are being surveiled.

The Governing Body puppet dictators could rationalize it as a "safety precaution" the same way the United Nations debacle was "just a library card."

~Sue

• reniaa
    reniaa

conspiracy theory rubbish next you'll be saying mj didn't die and joined elvis in his ex-star retreat.

Reniaa

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I don't believe it!

I actually agree with Reniaa.

There most likely are active JW's perusing this site. Over the years, hundreds have registered and there are probably thousands who are not registered reading what they can.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit