Wanted: JW apologist to explain how Michael is Jesus is Michael

by Mad Dawg 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes and I showed you in Revelation ch 19 the coming of Jesus as well as the angel with the shout.

• reniaa
    reniaa

we are talking about voice here that raises the dead. is it an archangel or Jesus's? or both is Jesus the archangel

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Jesus voice. Can you show me a verse that says the voice of an archangel raises the dead?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Whatever others think of "the Lord* himself" , the WT designates (with a footnote) that this Lord in 1 Thes 4:16 is Jehovah.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

1 Thes 4;16

For the Lord himself, with a word of command, with the voice of an archangel and with the trumpet of God, will come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Revelation 19

7 Then I saw the heavens opened, and there was a white horse; its rider was (called) "Faithful and True." He judges and wages war in righteousness.
    His eyes were (like) a fiery flame, and on his head were many diadems. He had a name 8 inscribed that no one knows except himself.
    He wore a cloak that had been dipped in 9 blood, and his name was called the Word of God.

The Lord descending

The armies of heaven followed him, mounted on white horses and wearing clean white linen.
    Out of his mouth came a sharp sword to strike the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod, and he himself will tread out in the wine press 10 the wine of the fury and wrath of God the almighty.
    He has a name written on his cloak and on his thigh, "King of kings and Lord of lords."
    11 Then I saw an angel standing on the sun. He cried out (in) a loud voice to all the birds flying high overhead, "Come here. Gather for God's great feast,
    Ahhh, here is the voice of the archangel, and the shout.....

to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of military officers, and the flesh of warriors, the flesh of horses and of their riders, and the flesh of all, free and slave, small and great."
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

will power, well that was very nice of the WT. This is identified as Jesus in Revelation 19.....so the WT does all the work here to prove the Divinity of Jesus. :)

• Will Power
    Will Power

Well, I think that since they used to believe in the divinity of Christ, once they decided to make the change - Jesus demoted to angel - they had alot of work ahead of them.

Obviously they missed a few.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL yes the WT has missed quite a few.

• Will Power
    Will Power

also - the imagery gives the air of total arrogance.

Can you imagine being someone really important and upon entering the room shouting 'HERE I COME! HERE I COME!

hahah

• isaacaustin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit