MY SISTER IS NO LONGER ALLOWED TO PIONEER

by SusanHere 26 Replies latest jw friends

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

My sister, a devoted JW of many decades, has chosen to attend another church. She has been given a period of time to come to her senses and get back in line. Hopefully, she won't make that mistake.

The way she's being treated now by her former friends and leaders caused her to remark to me, "I never realized before how much they are like a cult."

Oh, and the key to it all was ...

Realizing over and over that JWs are NOT the only ones who do good things, not ALL other people or other religions are tools of Satan.

And ...

Love is greater than manmade rules.

No other details can be shared at this time as it's not over yet. Soon, I hope.

Take care and God bless,

SusanHere

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Congratulations.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Title is a bit misleading your basically saying your sister has left the witnesses and chosen another religion to follow.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Obviously, she would not be allowed to PI if she is going to another church. The privileges go out the window in a split second if you misstep or dare to choose differently than what they tell you to choose. Title is not misleading. She stated the reason for not being allowed to PI.

• villabolo
    villabolo

You don't have to share the other details SusanHere but we know more or less what it could lead up to.

I'm happy for her and for you.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I wonder is not being allowed to pioneer the same as not being allowed to go in service? Because frankly, a person could put in as many hours as a pioneer and more and the only thing they miss out on is the back slapping commendations for it and the Title.

I can't imagine why she would want to pioneer if she is attending other church(es). With that much doubt in the WT/JWs, she has no business trying to preach their religion. It doesn't seem right to me as a christian in any sense.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Celebrate!!!!!!!!

Your sister won't want to pioneer if she realizes it is not "the truth" so that is a bit misleading.

Doesn't matter, though. Great news.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I advise staying in that church as long as it takes for the witlesses to cut off membership totally--regardless of whether that church is the right one or not. It is a wake-up call as to what happens when one believes that another religion might (not does, just might) have the real truth or be a value to society. Plus, it will assure the end of the hounding--every time the hounders ask about the other religion, a "I am learning things you never taught me at the Kingdumb Hell" or "I am seeing that other religions also do good things for society" will suffice.

After your membership with the witlesses is broken, you can investigate on your own about that, or other, churches and stay in or leave on your own terms. Regardless, the outcome is going to be better if you go to another church, either Christian or Muslim (presuming it is a mainstream denomination and not a cult), than you are going to be if you stay with the Jehovah's Witlesses.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Back to the refrain from "Hotel California": You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

Good luck to your sister. Hope she has her eyes opened a little wider even!

St. Ann

• Newborn
    Newborn

Great news!!!

Good for her

I'm hoping that my own sister will come to realize the same one day.

Love N

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit