Be prepared for a Good cry...

by ohiocowboy 14 Replies latest social current

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

• carla
    carla

Lovely story!

Rocky_Girl, thanks to your husband for his service and to you & kids as well!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks for posting this. My dad was in the Marines and was gone for a year when I was in first grade. It is hard on the ones left behind. I am happy he returned safely.

• awildflower
    awildflower

My husband was in the Navy 22 years, I got married to him half way through that so I spent 11 years as a Navy wife. It is a different community living on military bases and I remember in the Navy these guys would go out on the ship for 6 months at a time and when they returned it was just like this video, all the feelings. I don't think people realize how long 6months, a year or two can actually be. I know people who start to loose it when their mate isn't around for two weeks! I'm not for war but I am for these people who from a very good motive in their heart, are doing what they feel is best for us and the country and the world. I to am thrilled that more and more 'good news' is on tv finally. Good things that people are doing for eachother, animals and the planet. The nightly news has a great peice called Making a Difference and I cry every night over what people are doing. And of course in the org, these people would still be 'bad association'! They only focus of the bad news in the world and never the good news! I'm a firm believer that whatever you put your energy into, good or bad, it will come back to you that way. If we focus on good things like this, the world will change for the better. If you focus on the negative, you will live a miserable life like most JW's do. Anyways thanks for the video.......wf

• dinah
    dinah

OC, I saw this on the news a few days ago. Happy reunion indeed!

Rocky girl, it's good your husband was only gone for 4 months. I have two cousins who have been in Afghanistan for over a year. One of my friends spent over a year in Iraq. This war means long deployments for our soldiers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit