would you give a jw a gift subscription to a scientific magazine?

by badboy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

perhaps ro give the jw a broader understanding of scientific things

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

No but a jw gave my hubby a copy of scientific american talking about evolution! How weird is that?!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

badboy, this is throwing me way off. where's the CAPS?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While it seems a good idea, if I didn't have a good idea that they would read it, I would feel the same as if I sent a ham sandwich to a Muslim.
    What good would that do?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Played right, you could make more of an impact by asking the JW for KoolAid Watchtowers.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Along with that thought should jws watch the Science Channel?

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I would give the jw a link to http://www.freeminds.org/

• VM44
    VM44

During the 1920's and 30's the Bible Students (Jehovah's Witnesses) were readers of The Golden Age magazine which published sarcastic remarks about the Scientific American magazine. As a result, the readers of The Golden Age viewed Scientific American magazine with contempt.

One of the topics of dispute that The Golden Age had with Scientific American was that germs can cause disease! The editor of The Golden Age believed that "frequencies" of the electrons making up a person's body being out of synchronization or being misaligned in some manner caused disease!!!

The editor of the Golden Age and its readers thought they knew better than the scientists! After all The Bible Students were Jehovah's chosen ones, so they knew more than everyone else on all subjects.

Clayton J. Woodworth, the editor of The Golden Age magazine, was a sarcastic, strong willed individual with a big ego who was impressed with what he "thought" he knew. In reality, he was not a sound thinker and contributed nothing of lasting value, other than the sarcastic rants he wrote which might provide some humor to those reading them.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit