If The Organization Wants U 2 B Financially Insecure How Does It Help Them???

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Min, there's no good trying to drive people to work harder with the carrot of paradise if they already have all that they desire in this system. If you listen to the things most witnesses are looking forward to, they're all material things.

• minimus
    minimus

Snowbird, since you aren't kidding, I say they should encourage fornication, then.

• minimus
    minimus

Chelbie, but $$$$ is still needed. No $$$$= no nuthin'.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Well, it seems to me that the GB must really believe what they teach otherwise they would encourage their members to get a higher education and in that way be able to give more to the Organization. Window washers etc, have little to give to their religion.

believing

• minimus
    minimus

Most sources say the GB does not 100% believe everything but go along with the program. I dunno.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

I bet Rennia knows the answer

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Minimus,

I'm out of the Witnesses so I don't have any agenda here. But if the Governing Body were really unbelieving it seems to me that it would be to their advantage to encourage their members to go and get a highing paying job. That way the contribution box might benefit. No?

believing

• minimus
    minimus

I think GB members know, for example that 607 b.c.e. is baloney but they teach it. I think some question things just like Franz did but are more careful. We've heard Losch's talks are much of what he says is wildly speculative. Honestly, I think they can't believe every prophecy applies to them.

So, I think they believe in the system but not necessarily everything.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Minimus,

"So, I think they believe in the system but not necessarily everything.

I agree.

believing

• minimus
    minimus

Believing that the GB isn't stoopid, I have to wonder then what purpose is filled for keeping within their ranks persons who cannot even pay their own rent. (Notice I didn't say mortgages).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit