I'm sub-conciously sabotaging the best thing that ever happened to me. How do I stop?

by palmtree67 23 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Well, I don't have alot of others to compare myself to. I think I'm more screwed up than others....definately so, by JW standards. (I have only recently been freed.)

I don't know alot of wordly people yet. Am I more screwed up than them??

Good questions. But I need to fix this. I think only time is on my side on this one. (And hopefully the wine, rosebuds, and........)

Wish me luck!

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Zombie dub is right, unless he has high cholesterol. Don't kill him!

Also, quit worrying about your ex. Love the one you're with.

• deemoo
    deemoo

Just don't answer the phone when the ex calls :)

Or... there's nothing wrong with polite chat. If he brings up the past, just say you don't want to talk about it. Eventually, he'll probably stop calling.

Don't go meet him or anything... I found that when I met up with my ex- even for just a coffee, there was attraction (there's a reason we were together for 6 years - we would kiss goodbye, or I would hold his hand out of habit) - and then I would go back home and fight with my boyfriend about silly things because I felt guilty inside.

Talk to the current guy about it :)

Without more details, I'm just assuming things :D

• beksbks
    beksbks

Palmtree, PM me

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Start showing him the respect he has shown to you. Your ex is a horrible man by your own account and is probably trying to manipulate you out of a solid relationship and back into an abusive one with him.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Your problem is a common one. Have you sought professional counseling? If not, I can recommend it.

Good luck!

PS - If you're recognizing that you're doing it, it's not all that subconscious anymore. You might be in a good position to stop this behavior altogether with a little help.

PPS - I am not a professional counselor and this should not be interpreted as professional advice, just my personal thoughts on the matter.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Torpedo the good man because you NEED to talk to your old Sleezebag......thats just dumb...I dont understand women!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

1. search yourself and you'll find your answer.

2. make a decision and stick with it.

3. give up the victim roll and take back your self worth.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Thank-you, good people.

beksbks - I appreciate your wise insights, it will be very helpful. Thanks for sharing your story, as well.

zombie dub - Excellent short-term solution, worked well ;)

Witness 007 - I know we are a frustrating species. We appreciate your patience.

I am back on track, thanks again!

• beksbks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit