Do You Trust The Police?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know some police officers that are very good cops. And I know some that are underhanded and dishonest. As kids, we were taught to be trusting of policemen (and women). As an adult, do you feel this way still?

• minimus
    minimus

What are ya----afraid the police is gonna gitcha?

• restrangled
    restrangled

I trust the police in my neighborhood. They know the car I drive, who I am, and infact, forgive a little speeding from other fellow family members in my car.

They have supported neighbors on this street for many years. They are fantastic! Thanks to the Seminole County Sheriff"s Dept., and your deputies....the finest boys going!!!!!

r.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have no choice but to "trust" the police, they are here to "serve" us.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Most of them, yes. I can only go by personal experience. I haven't had problems with them, so I don't have reason to distrust them, personally.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here's a nickel's worth of free advice...

If you are pulled over by an officer, remain calm and FOLLOW his instructions. The legal system is stacked against you. You can file your protests and complaints later. Your goal is to survive and leave, not to prove a point.

That is all.

• minimus
    minimus

I live in a town with about 30,000 people and I knew my share of cops. They'll give you a break if they like you. So far, knock on wood, all is well.

But I watch my crime shows and Law & Order and I think one still needs to be wary of them because ultimately they have an agenda if they question you. I know of a 15 year old boy that recently went to court on charges that were actually thrown out by the judge because the cops questioned him without counsel or his parent being notified. They will take liberties----if they can.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Nope. Not one damn bit.

• minimus
    minimus

Big Tex, You would know!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I have a little bit of a problem with a "lead foot", so I've been pulled over for speeding many times.

I've only got 1 ticket so far. They seem to be okay with "I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

So, Ya, I like and trust the police!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit