Austrian Branch Participating in Interfaith Discussion

by GermanXJW 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

On June 9th, 2009 Austrian Chancellor Werner Faymann met delegates from the 14 churches in Austia that are registered under public law.It was called a dialogue about the cohesion of the Austrian society in which things in common should be emphasized and not seperating things. Among the participating churches were among others Catholic, Protestant, Greek Orthodox, Jews, Muslim, Mormons, Buddhist and - Jehovah's Witnesses!

You find the list here: http://www.ots.at/presseaussendung.php?schluessel=OTS_20090608_OTS0170

Photos of the event are found here: http://fotoservice.bundeskanzleramt.at/imagecatalogue/image/list/19347

The JW delegate Walter Schneeweiß is the third head from the left on the group photo. It seems that he was avoiding to be clearly seen.

The picture reminds me of the picture that WT used in 1986 about the meeting in Assisi:

Meeting in Assisi

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sounds a little like interfaith to me. Maybe we should expect some new light . Thanks for the heads up.

• minimus
    minimus

They've been doing this for years. Wht does the WT. Society get away with this???

• besty
  • Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

There I go stating the obvious. I didn't see the reference to "interfaith" in the thread title.

Besty, that link would be a great one for JWs to pass around via email except for this sentence:

The Austrian Cult Office said yesterday (Thurs) that the religious group had been given the recognition after eight weeks of negotiations.

Which gives me an idea.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Yes, they were just recognized as an official church in Austria and one of the first thing was to join this meeting.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

He should wear a pillowcase on his head...or pantyhose would work better!

• besty
    besty

GermanxJW - could you write to the Cult Office in Austria and make some sort of Freedom of Information request to get more details on what negotiations took place?

Think Bulgaria and blood and voting concessions.....

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

A Catholic News Agency states here: http://www.kathpress.co.at/content/site/nachrichten/database/26439.html

"The religious communities in Austria want to stand up more for a solidly united and integrated society. That is a result of a meeting of delegates of all 14 registered churches and religious communities with Chancellor Werner Faymann on Tueday in Vienna. Especially in economically hard times understand for each other is getting more important says Faymann after the one-hour-talk to journalists. He thanked the delegates for their willingness to stregthen the things in common in Austria and announced another meeting for the fall of 2009"

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i remember that Assisi picture, that was to start the end of the world

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit