Snakes will soon be writing a DA letter

by SnakesInTheTower 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

You wrote: "I NEED CLOSURE."

I hope that writing the letter brings closure for you. So many people write a letter to justify themself or to teach the elder who reads it about the false doctrines of the org. This never works and leaves the writer feeling unsatisfied and bitter. I have comforted many friends who wrote a letter just to be let down by the lack of reaction from the elders afterward. I chose not to write because I felt in control of the situation by not following their rules. You feel in control by DAing before they DF. I think that it is great that you are going to empower yourself and do what is good for you.

Good thoughts and wishes sent your way!

Angie

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I am so happy for you on both accounts and can't wait to hear your whole story.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

WTWizard:

At least you have already been through the Value Destroyer Training School--and dogged one assignment and dropped out of another.

you've been paying attention...

Angie:

I hope that writing the letter brings closure for you. So many people write a letter to justify themself or to teach the elder who reads it about the false doctrines of the org. This never works and leaves the writer feeling unsatisfied and bitter.

Exactly.....I will write the letter if I get even a whiff of elders sniffing around. My fade has been successful because I left the last congo I was an elder in...and the new one did not get to know me...and my friend who was the PO and his wife have moved away (got laid off by the Society from their Special Service... I mean he and his wife were sent to Special Pioneer a couple of hours away) from my last congo, so no one is looking for me anymore.

I think the DA letter will simply read: "I, {SnakesInTheTower}, no longer consider myself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I do not consider the teachings of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, its entities and its Governing Body to be spiritually valid." Probably have it notarized, send copies to my old congos and the legal department.... just for $hits and grins....lol. But no venom or malice will be in any letter I send. Hatred and anger only hurt the one spewing and holding it. That is just not who I am.

But for now, as a fader friend of mine (who refuses to come on this board) said to me...don't do it unless you have to. I will do it for myself and for my girlfriend so she has no doubt that I am serious, both about leaving the cult and more importantly, serious about our relationship. I don't want that little buzzing to be in her head thinking I might have an infitesimal chance of going back to the Lie. It will probably be a couple of months or so before I submit it...hell, I seem to have just wrote it...lol. Meanwhile I am going to start writing that story for later....

jamie:

I am so happy for you on both accounts and can't wait to hear your whole story.

soon, my friend, soon...and thank you.

Snakes ()

• Scott77
    Scott77

Snakes,best wishes in everythings. You have my whole hearted support every steps of the way. In my case, when I sent a signed DA letter to a local congregation , they refused to aknowledge it not even respond to me as part of closure. Instead, they intensified to a higher level of illegal surveilliance, the kind of stuff you are seeing right now with you like car parking, crossing by, though in my case, it was very intense, not sure why. then later, I contacted Bethel about it and they promised without delay take appropriate action to respond to my request, namely, delete my name from membership list, order wayward elders and ministerial servants and misguided ladies cum sisters to cease illegal stalking, report back to me to state that an action has been done. as per my request for a closure.

Scott77

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

There will be an update soon.....

Snakes ()

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thanks for the tease. That was like the commercials for Mad Men. You know its coming..... Can't get here soon enough...

Hope its happy news, but whatever it is, share it dude....

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Your life has taken such a wonderful turn....

I truly wish you the best in all you do...

h4o

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Looking forward to the update. Hope you are doing well.

-LWT

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Good for you!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Monday night or Tuesday morning I will (try to) post an update...

Snakes (Rich )

ATJ: That was like the commercials for Mad Men

I am supposed to borrow Season One of Mad Men from my GF's daughter before she takes off for the east coast (South Hadley, MA)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit